Xbox One Massive, Persistent Worlds for Games on Xbox One

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Microsoft today released a ton of information regarding the Xbox One.

They revealed that Developers will be able to produce a new generation of games with the power from the cloud. Since every Xbox LIVE owner has a broadband connection, developers can now create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you're not playing.

I guess that's a good advantage to everyone having to have internet access. I mean, I feel bad for the people who wont, but that does seem cool.

I guess that's a good advantage to everyone having to have internet access. I mean, I feel bad for the people who wont, but that does seem cool.

Pretty much this. Are they even aware that there are people who don't live in the major cities and their connections suck? I think it's time someone contacts Microsoft about all of this.

I think this is cool, I was hoping this would be the case with what they were saying about the new servers. I think it's ok to require persistent internet connections for games like this, if you don't have the internet available, you can't play these type of games. It's just the way it is, you can't play WoW without persistent internet. It's the checks for games you own and don't care to play online that I mind being scrutinized over.

'Massive persistent worlds' - Sounds great! the more area you have to explore within games the better I say. I also feel bad for those that won't have much or no internet access, but it's really the ISP to blame rather than Microsoft.

That sounds really cool. I love that aspect of MMOs, and wish it was more embraced by other on-line multiplayer games like CoD. I'm sure every game won't embrace this, and that's fine. It wouldn't make sense to for some genres and games. I've longed for a (massively) multiplayer game that features a world with fully destructible enviornments that STAY, unless players fix them or whatever. This could be really cool. Any idea if Sony is cool with this for the PS4 too?

This is cool but definitely not new, especially in the world of MMOs. It has been going on since, what, Ultima Online and before? ;-) Sounds more like a feature that is expected nowadays of certain games/genres that Microsoft is hyping.

Not to downplay the coolness of ever-evolving worlds...but we still have the same problem I remember from Ultima Online. Not everyone has a good/great/persistent connection.

Back