Xbox One MGS Ground Zeroes also getting "exclusive content" for Xbox platforms

marthyrocks

You've probably heard about it (or maybe not, that's why I'm here) but according to Joystiq, during Spike TV's Xbox One launch, it was announced that Xbox-exclusive content is coming to the Xbox versions of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, the standalone prequel to Phantom Pain. This is most likely an answer to Sony's announcment for PS3/PS4-exclusive content for their version of Ground Zeroes.

The news about Sony-exclusive content a week ago during the PS4 launch, where a mission called 'Deja Vu" would feature the classic Solid Snake skin. When I say classic, I mean that the 3D model of Snake has been changed to the PS1 version. Yes, if you're thinking of the blocky, polygonal model complete with pixelated eyes, you're right on target. It's not only the skin but also the models of the soldiers, the helicopter, the sneezing (haha, I laughed at this part), Psycho Mantis, and the DARPA Chief, all in their PS1 glory but set in Camp Omega, the new setting of Ground Zeroes.

But wait: what will then be the exclusive content of the Xbox versions? Microsoft hasn't spilled any details. Maybe will see a Halo skin for Snake? Or a missions set in the world of Mass Effect? Or there's a crossover with an Xbox One game? Whatever it is, it's sure going to be interesting to see what Microsoft got exclusively in their versions. We'll wait and see.

I'm curious about this. Xbox sometimes can't get the good exclusivity sometimes but now they snagged a good exclusive deal. I'd find it funny if it's the world of Mass Effect. Who knows right? We'll see about it.

Really? They have Metal Gear Solid 5? I've been a fan of the Metal Gear Series since it started. I'm also looking forward to playing the new Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare game. I saw the trailer and I fell in love with it. It's like adding counter strike with plants vs zombies. The FPS integration was a good move. Thank you Developers of Plants vs Zombies.

Yes, Xbox platforms will get MGS 5 as well. Actually, to put it more precisely: Xbox 360 and One will get the prologue like PS3/PS4.

You see, Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain is divided into two sections: Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes is a prologue that takes place during the late 70s, right after Peace Walker. Phantom Pain takes place 9 years later, in the 80s. Many have wondered whether two sections were separate or combined. But as Kojima announced recently, MGSV: Ground Zeroes is a standalone prequel. Phantom Pain is still in development.

Ground Zeroes will take place (initially) in a camp, where the main mission takes place. But the game also has some side missions you can do as well. There might be other places to go, but so far, the trailer and screenshots only show the main camp you'll infiltrate in the prequel.

Sony will get a chance to show off a mission that takes many elements of the PS1 game Metal Gear Solid like the HIND helicopter, the soldiers (and their sneezing), the PS1 character models and even Psycho Mantis (how in the world did that happen?) but in the main camp. But what does Xbox get? We don't know yet. We'll wait and see. I bet it's the Halo costume :p

Sony will get a chance to show off a mission that takes many elements of the PS1 game Metal Gear Solid like the HIND helicopter, the soldiers (and their sneezing), the PS1 character models and even Psycho Mantis (how in the world did that happen?) but in the main camp. But what does Xbox get? We don't know yet. We'll wait and see. I bet it's the Halo costume :p

I really hope they get the halo costume but I guess they are looking into something better. Maybe like customized costumes? Or maybe something like costumes from Devil May Cry. Ether way, I'm looking forward to playing this game. I hope they still keep the same costume like they had in peace walker.

That could a chance. But if it's to be an exclusive content for Xbox, it's got to be something that might be related to their platform, much like Sony getting a PS1-themed mission. But yeah, probably a Halo costume will do. Or costumes based on exclusive Xbox games. We'll see what they get as the game approaches release date. I'm looking forward to the game as well.

The PlayStation 4 version has the unique Metal Gear Solid 1 mission and skin, so for the Xbox version to have it's own unique content, it'll most likely still be revolved around Metal Gear Solid. At least I hope. Though, that isn't always the case. In Metal Gear Solid 4, they had a little homage to Assassin's Creed, in which Snake wore Altier's outfit. It could be another option like that, since Assassin's Creed is incredibly popular and successful on Microsoft's systems. Either way, it'll be interesting to see, though I'm still not sure which system I'll be getting it for.

Looks like a good thing, but I'm still not sure which version I'm going to buy.
I've always played the MSG games on PS so I don't know if I want to change that or not.

Looks like a good thing, but I'm still not sure which version I'm going to buy.
I've always played the MSG games on PS so I don't know if I want to change that or not.

Any platform will do, as long as you get to play. But then, that PS1-themed mission looks so awesome. You get to play as the polygonal Solid Snake XD But then, it's not voiced by Hayter, so a bit of the nostalgia is taken down. But hey, you still get to see the soldiers sneeze XD

Back