Xbox One Microsoft Answers MORE Questions: NEW ANSWERS ADDED 9/2:

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
This is a follow up on a story I posted previously. Microsoft is continuing to answer more questions via IGN.

Will digitally downloaded games be able to be pre-loaded before release, so that they're simply unlocked and ready to go at 12:01am on the day of release?

MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: Not at launch, but you’ll see us do this and much more over the life of the program.

If I sign in to Xbox Live on my Xbox One, will I also be able to sign in on the same account on my 360 at the same time? Say someone is using the Xbox One in the living room and I'm playing my 360 in my bedroom. Will I be able to use the same account?

WHITTEN: Yes this works! You’ll be able to be signed on with the same gamertag on both an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One console at the same time. However, like today, you can only be signed into one Xbox 360 and one Xbox One at a time.

Given that Rep (Reputation) will now factor into Xbox One's online matchmaking (whereas it didn't before on the Xbox 360), will everyone's Rep be reset to provide an initial playing field? Since there are new rules, shouldn't everyone be able to demonstrate themselves as good players right from the start? Or will players be penalized for past mistakes? In other words, will previous account infractions carry over to Xbox One?

WHITTEN: We will not carry over any of the 360 reputation scores into the new Xbox One reputation system. The majority of members will start fresh at the “Good” player level.

We will be working with the Xbox Live enforcement team that has identified a small subset of members that have recently had enforcement actions taken against them and set those members reputation to an initial “Needs Works” level. This will give those members a chance to prove they can participate on Live fairly, and are not automatically placed in the “Avoid Me” classification where things like SmartMatch filtering will affect them.

Will Xbox One work as a Windows Media Center Extender? For those that use a PC with TV tuner to record and watch TV, we use the 360 as an extender to stream this content to TVs. Will this continue with Xbox One?

WHITTEN: Xbox One isn't a native Media Center Extender. We’ll continue to work to enable more ways for everyone to get the television they want over the life of the program.

Microsoft required Xbox Live Arcade games to have a demo, making it easy to test out these titles before buying. Now that "games are games are games" what can we expect from demos on Xbox One?

WHITTEN: Not all games will have demos like Xbox Live arcade games have had on Xbox 360. That said, we are going to work on lots of ways to make it easy for you to find and try new games on the service.

I'm personally disappointed with a lot of the news. I was really looking forward to preloading my games right off the bat. I also would have liked them keeping the same policy regarding demos. I loved knowing I could sample a game prior to deciding on the purchase; I also would have liked the media center features to return. I'm happy they'll at least allow for you to be signed in via 360 and XB1 simultaneously, but I think they announced this previously.

For the original article please visit: IGN

For the original thread please visit: https://www.xboxforums.com/threads/6030

Hmmm, so they drop Media Center Extender support right after chargingfor it for Windows 8. I wish this was more descriptive though, they are not saying DLNA isn't supported which has a wider impact for things like Tversity and things like that. I can't imagine they dropped that, they are part of the DLNA alliance.

without 24hr online or at least a check in daily it hard to provide the pre installed game notion. it may put the download in que or put it in a pending catagory till the xb one is powered on and linked up. even with smart glass you need to be within bluetooth range of the system for it to work. you cant expect a tablet or smart phone to power on and link to downloads. its not like all games are based off the cloud. their is still data stored on the xb1.

tablet gaming with smart glass is a diffrent story its only using your gametag to allocate who you are. the data is on the table/smart phone and is just linking up with the server..

i wouldnt expect them to have it up and running at launch... to many possibilities of a crash and backlass from the community. it needs to work and be stramline. id expect by holiday 2014 for it to be on full tilt tho.

I'm glad to see that reputation is actually going to be a factor in matchmaking. Not only that, but to see everyone's rep reset is a fair and smart decision. Everyone has to be careful about handling themselves online now, or else they'll have to play with other people like them.

I thought they kept the pre-installed games during the last Q&A? Oh well, at least we have demos for all games on the market, which is something i already wish to happen sooner, lot of games i want to try before deciding if buying or not.

I don't like that I can't be logged into XBox One and 360 at the same time. I like to keep a few windows open, so that I can go back and forth. I realize that I can't play both at the same time, but still, I'd like to be able to quickly look, without having to constantly log back in.

Matchmaking was a big one for me. it seemed like even though I was on neutral I always got macthed up with the BIGGEST a-holes lol. but hey lol, that the online community lol

I don't like that I can't be logged into XBox One and 360 at the same time. I like to keep a few windows open, so that I can go back and forth. I realize that I can't play both at the same time, but still, I'd like to be able to quickly look, without having to constantly log back in.

Actually according to the Q&A you can. You can simultaneously be on the XB1 and 360, you just cant be on two XB1s or 360s at the same time, which is expected.

I thought they kept the pre-installed games during the last Q&A? Oh well, at least we have demos for all games on the market, which is something i already wish to happen sooner, lot of games i want to try before deciding if buying or not.

Well actually Whitten answered that they will not be forcing everyman to make a demo anymore so I guess expect less of that.

Back