Xbox One Microsoft Answers MORE Questions: NEW ANSWERS ADDED 9/9:

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Hey guys, here's another edition of Microsoft's FAQs via IGN. This is another follow-up to a previous thread.

NEW ANSWERS ADDED 9/9:

Is the console region-free, or just the software?
MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: Neither the console or the software have any region locks.

Will I be able to use the Xbox One's Kinect to scan in codes (QR codes)? Like for Xbox live subscriptions, avatar gear, or pre-order bonus for weapons or map packs?
WHITTEN: Yes, this is something we really like and you’ll see us use it for a variety of digital offerings and more.

Here is an odd question. Will the Xbox One be able to use the HD-DVD drive from the Xbox 360?
WHITTEN: No, we don’t have any support for playing HD-DVD with the Xbox One.

Is Skype coming to Xbox 360 (as an app, presumably)?
WHITTEN: For now, our focus is on making Skype on Xbox One a premiere experience. The Kinect sensor on Xbox One is great for capturing voice and video with very high quality. With the system architecture of Xbox One, it’s easy to instantly move between experiences – including Skype – and to allow you to get Skype calls and have a Skype conversation regardless of what else you are doing on the console.

Will you be releasing old, inactive Gamertags for use on the Xbox One?
WHITTEN: We’ve released inactive gamertags in the past, but it’s been a while. Stay tuned.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

Some good info there! Thanks kn1ghtmare

Some good questions asked here. Yay for no region locking. I find t ridiculous.

That was pretty cool on the HD-DVD question. i had one of those. My buddy STILL uses his lol

So basically... Skype needs a multi-tasking operating system to do its thing.

So basically... Skype needs a multi-tasking operating system to do its thing.

Thats why they have that RAM int here. Being able to use Skype and play games at the same time....golden

Back