Xbox One Microsoft Planning Gamescom Press Conference

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
According to CVG, Microsoft is planning a full press conference at Gamescom in August, a step the company has never taken before.

The report cites unnamed sources and says that “organizers and third party” studios have been notified of the plans for an hour-long conference based on Xbox One. While the likes of Sony and EA are regular hosts of conferences at Gamescom, Microsoft has not staged a large public-facing event there since the announcement of Xbox 360’s launch price back in 2005.

— Polygon

Click Here To Read More

I will be looking forward to that, they're most likely doing this to redeem themselves from E3, and the horrible presentation and policies they announced. Hopefully, they will be streaming this on Twitch. I think they'll present some more exclusives, and potentially reveal the new CEO of Microsoft.

I will be looking forward to that, they're most likely doing this to redeem themselves from E3, and the horrible presentation and policies they announced. Hopefully, they will be streaming this on Twitch. I think they'll present some more exclusives, and potentially reveal the new CEO of Microsoft.

i think they will not touch any exclusives till after launch.... their is no reason from a marketing standpoint to rlease info on a game that is not day one release.. their is no hype to be built... wait till first quarter and ull proably see 1-2 exclusives over the next year or so every quarter.

the news about new ceo will be out in the open well before an august date.. they may be presenting but it wont be a big deal... the news feeds will be a buzz the day they hit office.

personally i think they will talk indie games... how windows 8 is incorped.. proably show the kinect,tv,twitch,skype off... show the new system running with as little bugs as possible... ill call it the pre release show. proably show some mor games(already slated to be out) get some battlefeild4 on screen,forza5,titan fall,cod... the big players... maybe talk about the exclusive map on release.. try and get a buzz or get people excited..

i dont think it will be all that crazy or that shop stopping..... its not e3... its not a huge venue that draws a ton of attention.. heck i think you will see some show/game stuff at the gamestop expo... get the hands on feel.. show the capabilities of frost.. start showing the final(release) product of the big games..

Good. I think the consumers deserve to hear their side of the story a little more in-depth.

I think they'll be announcing what Xbox Infinity is, some kinect games, maybe more exclusive games, show off the new Windows 8 Dashboard, and leave a few minutes to apologize and discuss E3 issues.

Good. I think the consumers deserve to hear their side of the story a little more in-depth.

Their is very little for us to hear. Drm is still their they never abandoned disk sales that was never the sole intent... They really only went back on daily checks(24hr) which is a must for family share and second hand gaming.. Disks just had a tag attached or serial number so it was linked to the console. Which is no big deal...

Their is nothing to hear about kinect or new games. We have already herd about capabilities of kinect advertising on it it's roll in some games. Integration with tv/cable

Their probably wont be much in gaming or new games. Again from a marketing standpoint an exclusive would be poor pr move.

Their whole deal is to generate hype for November they haven't been to that conference in years because 360 had its following and already had games/early dolce contracts and the good stuff. They are solely their to promote the xb1

Back