Xbox One Microsoft sneaks Xbox One ads into hotel rooms

Dr23

Has anyone else heard about this? Apparently Microsoft paid hotel staff to place Xbox One ads in the bathrooms of their rooms while guests were out exploring E3. The idea isn't bad, but I think it's pretty funny that Microsoft still decided to do this when all of the gaming world is upset over a lack of privacy with the Kinect.

Article 1
Article 2

No this isn't bad, Its product promotion. Happens all the time.

No this isn't bad, Its product promotion. Happens all the time.

I hardly think leaving your hotel room only to come back and find an ad on your room's bathroom mirror to be typical product promotion. I don't think it's a bad move, but I do think the irony is pretty immense given the privacy issues. The company that wants an camera that's always on in your living room placed ads in your hotel room's bathroom while you were out. Interesting connection. Also, why the bathroom??

Microsoft is just simply trying too hard, but in the wrong aspect. Everyone knows about the Xbox One now, don't know why they would continue to advertise and invade people's privacy. The thing they need to fix are their stupid policies. They can learn something from Sony since they were put to shame when Sony introduced the PS4.

Its called advertising and Microsoft isn't going to sit by and let Sony win without a fight. I find it funny that this is even a complaint.

Yeah, i agree, it isn't bad, but they could have been a little more creative than just posting a sticker on bathrooms.

Back