Xbox One Microsoft unveils Xbox One indie developer self-publishing program

Medza

From: Microsoft unveils Xbox One indie developer self-publishing program • News • Eurogamer.net

I must say that it looks very promising, developers can register to be part of their program, and there are currently 50 registered devs. They all get a free development kit and they have full access to pretty much all of the features of the console. Microsoft also pledges to promote all of the indie games, and I am personally very excited for this. We might see some great ports or even some exclusives come out for the Xbox One. Definitely a big step up from the 360.

I wonder how much of this is a change from their original stance of having indie developers sign on with a publishing partner? The thing about most of the more recent Xbone announcements is that either the revival of an original policy with a new title or they're the exact same policy with a better spin. MS is just beyond sketchy at this point.

The thing is for me I dont mind them having somewhat a strict policy on Indie devs. Leaves out allt hat crap stuff that floods the 360 right now. Why int he lovw of god do I want to play a game based on farts..........

It's about time they paid attention to indie devs. Great to hear that the are doing something to assist and encourage more indie devs to develop for Xbox One.

Back