Mincraft PC vs 360

TheImpossibleGirl

From
Lynnwood Wshington
Website
www.crischillnorton.weebly.com
So, I like the xbox 360 Minecraft a lot. You can build, create, survive. It's brilliant! However I once saw someone playing on there PC and I could only think, how fantastic is that? You could fly in creative mode, you could build saddles instead of just finding them. The options on a PC were endless compared to what was on the xbox. Is there a particular reason for this?

I haven't played Minecraft on the Xbox because I had already bought it on PC long before it came out on the Xbox. Xbox players get some things that PC players don't though, like the Mass Effect stuff. Last I played Minecraft on the PC, which was just before the latest 1.7 patch, you couldn't craft saddles on the PC either. Unless you mean creative mode, but then again in creative you could just give yourself a saddle, so nevermind haha. I thought Minecraft on the Xbox had creative mode though? Also I'm curious, does the Xbox get the new patches like 1.7 around the same time as the PC?

Possibly due to the fact that the Xbox version was released a year or two after the PC version was released, so without a doubt the PC version would consist of more things you could do.

I'd say, naturally since the game is made for PC, the flow and control is better and more comfortable on the PC. You have more hot key perferences as well, so it seems like a better suit if you had to choose between the two to play them to the fullest.

The PC version is infinitely times better than the Xbox 360 version. Not only does the 360 version support unlimited blocks in an unlimited sized world (Xbox 360 only supports 1024x1024 blocks in a single world), it has a huge community capable of producing high quality mods that can be considered a staple part of the actual retail game! Anything you can think of that is not currently in the "official" minecraft version, you can sure bet that someone has already accomplished as a modder. With Xbox 360, these exclusive community content just aren't available or possible.

The PC version is better hands down. You can have way more texture packs and mods rather than the 360 version. I personally play on the 360, but when I played at my friend's house it was so much more better. If my computer wasn't trash then I would definitely play on the PC.

PC version gets more frequent updates and has infinite worlds, among other things.

Really the PC version is certainly the better one and you can't really deny that claim. As much as I enjoy the fact that it's been expanded to the 360 that version is highly inferior, I mean you have to buy skins and the Skyrim thing they're releasing later could easily be done on PC for free. In that same subject the PC version can be modified intensely to create almost a completely different game.

With the console, you're limited as to how much you can do because the console has finite resources. In other words, you can't really upgrade the memory or RAM on a console the way you can on a computer. I think in that regard, computer games will always have a leg up on console games. To answer your question though, that's my opinion as to why you can do more on PC's Minecraft than you can on the 360's.

Wait there is a minecraft for XBox 360. Maybe I don't usually keep track of news like this but I was under the impression that Minecraft was only available for PC.

If the comments are anything to go by, I don't think I am missing much.

Wait there is a minecraft for XBox 360. Maybe I don't usually keep track of news like this but I was under the impression that Minecraft was only available for PC.

If the comments are anything to go by, I don't think I am missing much.

Yeah, there's a port available for Xbox and Android phones as well. They're pretty basic, and don't get updated very often. Plus the PC version has the benefit of being moddable, perhaps the only selling point of Minecraft by now.

That's funny I mentioned this in another thread. I enjoy playing Minecraft on PC rather than Xbox, it feels weird to play it on a console for some reason. I feel a lot more comfortable using a mouse and my keyboard.

Yeah, there's a port available for Xbox and Android phones as well. They're pretty basic, and don't get updated very often. Plus the PC version has the benefit of being moddable, perhaps the only selling point of Minecraft by now.

Oh yeah. I just realised that the XBox version will not be moddable. Why would anyone buy it then? I mean I am not the biggest minecraft fan around but aren't the mods supposed to be an important part of the game's charm.

Oh yeah. I just realised that the XBox version will not be moddable. Why would anyone buy it then? I mean I am not the biggest minecraft fan around but aren't the mods supposed to be an important part of the game's charm.

Mods are only the game's "Charm" if the person playing is into that sort of thing. Personally, I've been playing Minecraft since the Alpha, and most of the mods are either completely stupid to me, or just clutter the game with even more ridiculous stuff. Several people get it on Console, because they don't have a PC to run it. It may just look like a blocky game, but it actually requires quite a lot of resources to run it. So if they don't have even a med/moderate gaming computer, they aren't going to have the best of times with it. Hell, I recently sold my gaming computer due to financing problems, and I can barely handle it on my Core i3, 4Gig laptop.

Same thing for Terraria. Own it on PC, but can't play it for squat, so I bought it on 360 and absolutely love it again.

I had a feeling Minecraft for 360 was kind of a 'simplified' version. I suppose it's a bit of a shame but I was never into modding and stuff on mine anyway, so I suppose the basic experience I enjoyed is still mostly there. I always sought out vanilla servers when I played online anyway, although when they had a teleport command that was pretty insanely nice. I think that's kind of the console vs PC experience with a lot of games though, I had friends all modding their Skyrims while I couldn't on 360 (and I sat through tons of LONG load times)... yeah, I was a bit jealous. But your console versions of games 'just work', so it's a personal preference I suppose.

I feel like Minecraft will always be the best on the PC.

Aren't all games? ;)

But seriously, of course Minecraft is always best on PC. At least until a version comes out on consoles/mobile with ALL of the features (specially endless worlds), otherwise it's no-contest

Well, the game is made for the PC in the first place, there is bound to be some differences. But as long as you can build and craft, then it is Minecraft. But I prefer the PC version more since it has more mods and the controllers are much better.

Back