Xbox 360 Minecraft Assumptions

Connor532

From
Connecticut, USA
Have you ever noticed that people always assume Minecraft as this boring "blocky" game? When I first joined, two years or so ago, I never really knew about Minecraft. Once I started playing it, it was a blast. Since then, I have made about twenty of my friends join (Xbox and Computer) and not one of them didn't like it. Almost of them said that it was the stupidest game ever before they played it. Why does everyone assume this? Well that is the main question but I also think that when Minecraft was released on the Xbox I think everyone opinion was changed on it. Now if you say you play Minecraft people won't laugh at you. When they put Minecraft on the Xbox, it really lowered the number of assumptions of Minecraft and I think it's a little judgmental. How about you though? Before you played Minecraft(if ever) did you assume it would be a horrible game? What changed after you started playing the game? What do your friends think about it? I would love some good feedback, I have had some good conversations about this before.

Well, people also assume it's an old game just because of the graphics. Even heard it being called "ancient". As for me, I didn't really assume much before I tried it out other than that I would probably not really like it all that much... and I was right! I like to play it rarely, but it feels like there's no real goal and that kills it for me (but I know that's the whole point, since it's a TRUE sandbox)

Yeah, I could see how you could feel like that. I am not the biggest fan of single player. I'm not sure if you play Xbox or Computer but when I play on the Computer, I almost always play Multiplayer. If not, I will occasionally play some single player with some fun mods installed. For Xbox, I don't like the Xbox version that much but when I play Xbox is is also with a group of friends, or a close friend. Try making a joke out of the game by messing with each other then just playing survival. It could really keep you from getting bored and let you find something out of the game.

Back