Xbox 360 Minecraft in 2D

lindbergh

Terraria is a game that is essentially Minecraft in 2D. It has just been released for the PS3 and the XBox 360 and game critics game critics are already raving about it. They say that the customization is super deep, you will battle lots and lots of creatures and endlessly explore the land. What do You think of the game?

I think Minecraft is boring as HELL but Terraria is really fun. Terraria has a bigger emphasis on combat and exploration than on building things to show off, so it's just my kind of game while as Minecraft isn't. Of course, Terraria has a lot of building going on for it too! But, for example, it's so much more heavy on combat and exploration that the game even has bosses and stuff.

I have it on PC and now I'm waiting for the Vita port and the "sequel" called Starbound.

I think Minecraft is boring as HELL but Terraria is really fun. Terraria has a bigger emphasis on combat and exploration than on building things to show off, so it's just my kind of game while as Minecraft isn't. Of course, Terraria has a lot of building going on for it too! But, for example, it's so much more heavy on combat and exploration that the game even has bosses and stuff.

I have it on PC and now I'm waiting for the Vita port and the "sequel" called Starbound.

I really enjoyed Terraria on my PC and i was thinking of getting it again to play it the console and get some achievements. Really hyped too for the new game from the Terraria creators, Starbound, looks very deep and full of cool content.

Thanks for the positive reviews. I was having second thoughts about the game too since, like Claptrap, I hate Minecraft. I was thinking, "how could I like a 2d game that is similar to Minecraft? It looks even worse!" But with positive feedback from you guys, I'm gonna try it out.

Good to hear you're gonna try it out, bro. I was addicted to it for a while when I bought it on PC during a sale and, as I said, I dislike Minecraft. I hope that you enjoy Terraria.

The game has been out there for quite a while now. I must say I prefer Minecraft to Terraria, though. I play Minecraft as a form of relaxation, rather than to achieve stuff or combat zombies and spiders. I still play survival mode, though, because it's just lame otherwise. I like that in Minecraft you dictate the pace of the game, where as Terraria, especially in multiplayer you need to keep up with people.

The game has been out there for quite a while now. I must say I prefer Minecraft to Terraria, though. I play Minecraft as a form of relaxation, rather than to achieve stuff or combat zombies and spiders. I still play survival mode, though, because it's just lame otherwise. I like that in Minecraft you dictate the pace of the game, where as Terraria, especially in multiplayer you need to keep up with people.

True enough. Minecraft is "relaxing", while as Terraria isn't. You know, I think that Terraria is more comparable to Metroidvanias than anything. I would say that it's an open-world Metroidvania which has some Minecraft elements (building and mining). Hadn't really thought about it until now but I think that would be a good way to put it.

Back