Xbox One Multiple Concerns and hopeful there are already answers!

rickeyxxx

Well as of most of you on here were eager to get you new Xbox so was I last night! And Everything lead up to the expectations gaming wise, but then I started having trouble.

1.)How do you turn off the dimmer setting? You know the setting that kicks in and makes your brightness vanish as it's had no detection of play. However I was testing watching a game of Madden 25 without wanting to play, just wanted to watch the CPU's go at it and it kept dimming after several minutes of no controller activity. I have searched ENDLESSLY for a setting or function to disable the sleep, fade, dimmer or whatever mode it is, with NO PREVAIL.

2.) I wait until after I get my console only to discover it DOES NOT SUPPORT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES OR USB DRIVES. Wait.. what? So your telling me I can now no longer view picture or videos of my children through my xbox via hard drive(aka my third leg)? Yet the 360 DOES allow this? Please someone tell me this will likely be fixed not only for the sake to view external videos/files, but for the sake to have at least more than 391GB of free space! I mean we HAVE to install each game and at a hard drive with that little memory, it'll be FULL by summer!

3.) I all in all am very disappointed in the main menu/home screen as well. Very, VERY confusing and a hassle. I hope to hear some solutions, if not, I'm gonna be getting some nice cash for this barely used BOX for GAMES and limited VIDEO playing. I am so ANGRY!

SIDENOTE - Why can I not watch videos on World Star Hip Hop...yet its a suggested site? You can only view the larger videos at the top of the WSHH page, none of the ones you click on play after they take you to the video. It's just a black box. However Liveleak and several other(adult sites) do play lol

I know that for #2 a solution is coming in the form of an update. Microsoft has stated that a future update will allow external memory.

the 3rd part hard drive stuff is in the works for viewing and external storage.

as for the dimmer setting check in the settings area and play around. most games do this while in limbo.. it may just be a default thing.

as for the ui and home screen stuff... that is semi a hands on thing. the more you use it the better it feels.. same thing with ios7.. as much as i moan about it.. i am actually starting to like its simplicity...
it took me a good bit to get the code thing woring and general feel for it.. but at this point it feels just like my 360 only crisper in transition.

If it makes you feel better the system is having a bit of a hard start thanks to some issue regarding the 24hr Kinect thing people were spazzing about. There was never supposed to be an "off" button, and the creation of one means that the near future is going to involve a great deal of "updates" and "how-to"s. The system just dropped so give it at least a week or two before you completely loose it. At this point I deeply pity the support team who aren't likely to be getting much rest at all.

Well as of most of you on here were eager to get you new Xbox so was I last night! And Everything lead up to the expectations gaming wise, but then I started having trouble.

#1 If you have the kinect attached, I think it would know you are there and not dim the screen. It would
also solve the problem with logging in I see your having in another thread. Even if you don't plan to use
any kinect features, hook it up as it seems to solve a couple of your issues.

#2 External HD's have been known for months and are going to be added. I am pretty sure you can stream things
directly from a computer now, just set it up that way.

#3 it's almost the same as for the 360 and really user preference. Use it more and you will get used to it.

So 2 of 3 of your issues here and 3 of 4 issues, if you count your other threads, are solved. The menu UI
is subjective and user preference. I doubt its ever going to change much.

Back