Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode

iamtonedef

I’m having several issues with my Series 2 controller, especially while connected through Bluetooth.

Running current version of Windows 11 with updated controller firmware. All drivers up to date.

Main Issues – all while connected via Bluetooth (wired is fine)

• When Game Bar option is turned on, pressing the ‘A’ button also brings up the game bar, as if pressing the guide button. It also registers the ‘A’ button as being pressed in the game. Turning off the game bar option seems to solve this, but then I obviously lose that functionality.

• When running Steam, even with game bar option off, pressing or holding the ‘A’ button will activate the ‘Guide Button Chord’ options. For example, if I’m holding up on the left analogue, then so much as tap the ‘A’ button, the system volume adjusts. It’s as if Steam thinks I’m pressing the guide button, when I’m actually pressing ‘A’. I know I can remove all the individual configurations, but Steam still thinks I’m pressing the ‘A’ button. This will override the game and make it unplayable.

• If I’m running a game from another launcher, like xbox or epic, the above issue occurs if steam is just running in the background.

• Plugging in wired solves all these problems, however when I unplug, the controller will no longer connect via Bluetooth. I have to forget the device and add it again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mate!!! you have the series 2 controller but awfully I only play games on my keyboard and it is pretty disturbing for me as well, you can google your issue I guess as it helped to solve many of my problems as well. you are even lucky to have the best controller on your Xbox.

Back