Xbox One NBA 2K14 Best Selling XB1 Sports Title

Blue

According to November 2013 NPD Data, NBA 2K14 was the best-selling sports video game on next generation consoles, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and was the number four best-selling next-gen game overall,” said NPD analyst Liam Callahan.

This is a historic achievement as this is the first time an NBA game has topped the charts as the top selling sports title at the start of a new generation. Usually, that honor is reserved for Madden or another type of sports game.

NPD Group (formerly National Purchase Diaries) is a respected market research company, so I feel like we can trust these statements, though I still want to see actual numbers.

But I'm not all that surprised. With the Xbox One's graphics, Xbox Live and just in general, 2K14 looks incredible, which is to be expected now that it has a more powerful system to run on. What do you guys think? Is it the best sports game so far on the next gen consoles?

Source - Examiner

I mean honestly it is almost the only Xbox One sports title, so this is not surprising to me personally.

not a nba fan.. suprised madden didn't take the cake tho. never hear much with nba games.. where madden games tend to have a cult following.

I'm not surprised 2K has been killing it lately, and for sports games I would say that they are doing better than EA at making things interesting. I'm not surprised that it did better than Madden 25, which really wasn't that great at least in my opinion. For the most part when you buy a 2K game you know it's going to be real quality.

I'm not surprised 2K has been killing it lately, and for sports games I would say that they are doing better than EA at making things interesting. I'm not surprised that it did better than Madden 25, which really wasn't that great at least in my opinion. For the most part when you buy a 2K game you know it's going to be real quality

I'm not surprised with the success of most of the sports games out there. Well who doesn't like watching sports games, now that you can play it, it's much better.

I've been a fan of the NBA games for the longest time. Played it on pc and started it out on PS1. It's not surprising to see the sales go this high since the fans out there of the NBA franchise as well as the other sports games like Madden are much higher compared to other fans of other games.

I have no tolerance for NBA, in the a world where fifa rules supreme

I like all sports games and NBA 2K14 is amazing. I played it at a friend's house and I had to get it after that. I must be having every game title that is available, in my collection.

I like all sports games and NBA 2K14 is amazing. I played it at a friend's house and I had to get it after that. I must be having every game title that is available, in my collection.

Same here man. I guess this was way better than before.

Back