Need for Speed: Underground

jbeavis100

I picked this game up for PC about a year ago and I absolutely adore it. I had only played the Post-MW games in the NFS series in depth before, so this was a nice change of pace. Neat soundtrack, absolutely great gameplay, and lovely color palette (back when developers actually put colours in their games!)

Anybody have a chance to play it recently?

[video=youtube;3GFQEK0eD5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GFQEK0eD5I[/video]

(Gameplay captured from my PC, running at 1080p)

I still remember playing this game and having tons of fun with it. It was my first racing game ever. This is what got me hooked into this genre.

I love NFS back then. It was really good but now it's been butchered to death and what I really hate is that they remade Most Wanted and turned into a completely new experience which isn't a bad thing at all but they could've just called if a different game. I've played that game before and you should try Underground 2 that's the best in my opinion.

I love NFS back then. It was really good but now it's been butchered to death and what I really hate is that they remade Most Wanted and turned into a completely new experience which isn't a bad thing at all but they could've just called if a different game. I've played that game before and you should try Underground 2 that's the best in my opinion.

I've played a bit of underground 2 but I really enjoy the classic pure circuit game that is Underground 1 also, Underground 2 has kind of a lame color palette. I'l probably get more into it in the future..

I've played a bit of underground 2 but I really enjoy the classic pure circuit game that is Underground 1 also, Underground 2 has kind of a lame color palette. I'l probably get more into it in the future..

Yeah but I really love the open-world race track gives you that awesome freedom. Also the customization options is just heaven, I think if they included those options in Most Wanted I'd never ask for another NFS game.

I loved this game! Both this one and the sequel, probably the best racing games I've played, alongside Burnout Paradise.
The advantage of these ones was the huge customization options that you had, it was lots of fun making cars to compare with my schoolmates at the time.

Yeah but I really love the open-world race track gives you that awesome freedom. Also the customization options is just heaven, I think if they included those options in Most Wanted I'd never ask for another NFS game.

The Open-World is pretty neat.. Most Wanted was great but the color palette left alot to be desired but since it took place in Michigan it was a bit.. too accurate..

The Open-World is pretty neat.. Most Wanted was great but the color palette left alot to be desired but since it took place in Michigan it was a bit.. too accurate..

Yeah it looked really, I don't know too monochromatic I guess almost boring but I guess it comes with the theme of the game, it tried to have a more serious tone with colors but honestly I can't take a game seriously when you have cheesy soap opera cut scenes.

Yeah it looked really, I don't know too monochromatic I guess almost boring but I guess it comes with the theme of the game, it tried to have a more serious tone with colors but honestly I can't take a game seriously when you have cheesy soap opera cut scenes.

Less soap opera and more..
B movie..

Less soap opera and more..
B movie..

LOL I just don't get why they chose to use real actors instead of CGI characters, I mean it worked for Underground right? I really wish EA would make another NFS game along the lines of Underground 1,2 and MW minus the cheesy stupid crap.

LOL I just don't get why they chose to use real actors instead of CGI characters, I mean it worked for Underground right? I really wish EA would make another NFS game along the lines of Underground 1,2 and MW minus the cheesy stupid crap.

I dunno man. I really liked the bad acting. It was pretty funny.

I dunno man. I really liked the bad acting. It was pretty funny.

Yeah it was so bad it's good. But what makes it great and kind of sad is the fact that those actors really tried their best. I don't know what came into EA's mind when they thought about having real actors play the cut scenes.

Yeah it was so bad it's good. But what makes it great and kind of sad is the fact that those actors really tried their best. I don't know what came into EA's mind when they thought about having real actors play the cut scenes.

Have no idea but it was glorious while it lasted.

Oh yeah.. definitely not.. :)

Yeah since where in the topic of hot girls on NFS, I honestly think that EA was trying to make NFS more like SRS. Are you familiar with that game? The racing game with really nice graphics and chicks dancing.

Yeah since where in the topic of hot girls on NFS, I honestly think that EA was trying to make NFS more like SRS. Are you familiar with that game? The racing game with really nice graphics and chicks dancing.

Yeah I've heard of it. Is it any good?

Yeah I've heard of it. Is it any good?

I'm not sure really. I played the game right after I played NFS so I didn't quite like the stiffness of the controls but it needs a little getting used to. It's far more technical than NFS though, you really need to be a good driver because if you crash your car a lot you have to take it in a repair shop so it rewards you for being a good driver. And the goal is not always to win races because you still get money even if you finish last or second. Come to think of it, I think that game is better than NFS in terms of the racing.

I'm not sure really. I played the game right after I played NFS so I didn't quite like the stiffness of the controls but it needs a little getting used to. It's far more technical than NFS though, you really need to be a good driver because if you crash your car a lot you have to take it in a repair shop so it rewards you for being a good driver. And the goal is not always to win races because you still get money even if you finish last or second. Come to think of it, I think that game is better than NFS in terms of the racing.

MM, sounds neat I'll have to look into picking it up.

MM, sounds neat I'll have to look into picking it up.

It is pretty cool actually. You get girlfriends along the way and as you progress you can unlock videos of your girls dancing and they're actual models not CGI. It's a pretty old game though about 10 years old now so it might not stand the test of time.

Back