Xbox 360 Need help in playing XBox360 through my notebook

swampwiz

I had been playing my Xbox360 through a Vbox2 Advanced dongle that had a USB output that would go into my notebook, but the one I had had for a long time stopped working, and a replacement, although it had worked for a few hours, does not work. The manufacturer of this dongle has horrific support, and in any case, it seems that this dongle is no longer for sale - and quite frankly, I've had it with these things breaking. So my situation is that I have an Xbox360 console that works fine, but I have no way of playing it on my computer. I have tried a no-name video camera capture device, but the quality was terrible. Perhaps I should get a much higher quality one, but these things are quite expensive, and I think that somehow I don't need to continue to use such a hokey setup. I I should say that I'm in the market for a replacement notebook, so I want to make sure that whatever I get will be able to handle this use.

I understand that the Xbox360 console has an HDMI output jack, but my current notebook does not have an HDMI *input* jack, and from what research I've done, this feature doesn't seem to be a popular feature on notebooks. And even if it were somewhat popular, it seems that it is very difficult to search for this as the vendors will list "HDMI jack", but meaning that it is for output not input.

I keep reading how now Xbox games can be played in Windows 10, but AIUI, only through an Xbox1 console? I'd love to be able to throw away the bulky console, and it seems that with powerful computers, there is no reason to have a dedicated computer just to play the game (which is what a console is).

I have also looked into playing the games via an emulator like Xenia or Dolphin. I tried installing Xenia, but it said that I needed a driver that was compatible with Vulkan, and I tried installing a driver for my video system (Radeon R5), but I still can't seem to install Xenia. Dolphin seems to be useless, although I don't know what I am doing. In any case, I am not sure how to play my games, although it seems that I should be able to make an ISO out of the game disks (which I can't seem to be able to do now, probably because the CD-drive for my notebook is broken), but even then I am not sure how I would play downloadable content.

Anyway, this is where I'm at. I can't play my Xbox360 as I don't have a workable and maintainable system.

Back