Xbox One Need help setting up Sony surround sound with Xbox One

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
I got my xone to pair with my tv and cable box and it can turn the tv on and off, but when i try to set it up to control my sony tuner surround sound, it finds the model number when i put it in, but the xbox cant seem to control it. All my sound goes threw this and i dont use the tv speakers for anything. They are off so muting tv wont do anything since the sound comes threw the tuner for the surround sound. Is it possible for the xbox to control this as well so it will turn it on and off and contgrol the sound volume or do i keep having to use the surround sound remote? Its not a big deal, but it would be nice if it could....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Sony receiver (STRDA5300ES) and the Xbox One controls the receiver just fine. On/off, volume, and mute all work. It turns the tv on/off also, but does not control tv when I say volume up or mute. I put the receiver model in when I did the initial set up. Not sure how it assumes I use that for the volume and not the tv. Only thing I can think is somehow the IR port on your receiver is obstructed.

My xbox is sitting next to it, do u think that could be the problem? Althought it is above the tv with a shelf between them and it controls the tv just fine. It is an older model surround sound but the xbox had the model number listed in its list. I will try and reconfigure, one thing that was odd when i set it up is that it didnt do any test to see if it was working once i put the model number in like it did for the tv and cable box, did your reciever get tested by the xbox when installed?

I think it tested everything. When you say "mute" or "volume up/down", does it control the tv? If no, then I think it is trying to control your receiver. I think the IR signal is sent from the Kinect. My Kinect is sitting on top of a tv console and the receiver is inside the console about 2 ft below the Kinect. The console has glass doors.

It did the mute and volume up down for the tv, but not for the receiver. I will try again today when I have some time to see if I can get it work with that as well.

Back