Xbox One New Currency Hits Xbox Live Rewards Program with Changes

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
51dfc6aa254c348774dc15d1fde5d65a.png

Just received an email from the Rewards team at Xbox with an announcement on what's happening with the Xbox Rewards program now that the Microsoft Points are being eliminated from the marketplace system and replaced with actual currency prices.

Starting August 1st, 2013, you will not be able to earn Microsoft Points through Xbox LIVE Rewards any longer. At this time it is unclear what they will reward people with, but they specifically state that its not going anywhere. They're taking the opportunity to make Xbox LIVE Rewards even better. You'll continue to get rewarded for doing the things you love on Xbox LIVE - just not with Microsoft Points.

They will reveal the new loot on September 1, 2013 on rewards.xbox.com. You can also follow @XboxLiveRewards on twitter for the latest updates.

Finally, despite the Microsoft Points changes, all your hard work will not go to waste. On August 7, 2013 they'll deposit ALL your Pending Rewards Points into your account, even if you have less than 100. And if you still have Points in your Xbox account when Microsoft Points are retired, they'll be transitioned into your country's local currency. Your currency will be available for use at the Xbox Stores as usual. For more on the Points transition, see Xbox.com Points FAQ here.

Well, I'm guessing they will just reward people with store credit instead of points. Would be the same thing in the end, anyway.

Well, I'm guessing they will just reward people with store credit instead of points. Would be the same thing in the end, anyway.

maybe, but with the games with gold stuff going on they might give smaller arcade games or something which I'd be all for.

This is an interesting concept. I am not a fan of MS Points but I also don't hate them. I've had some bad experiences with my account being used to steal points (another story and more coffee needed for that). The play rewards idea is a great one honestly. People play your console, they should be rewarded. I like that they have begun giving games to gold subscription members, but they are riding into that a bit late versus PS + members. The games are actually good though, Assassin's Creed 2 is a good time and highly recommended. All in all, I hope its a system that makes sense and something you want to achieve, not just there to try to make it look better and have no good use.

This is an interesting concept. I am not a fan of MS Points but I also don't hate them. I've had some bad experiences with my account being used to steal points (another story and more coffee needed for that). The play rewards idea is a great one honestly. People play your console, they should be rewarded. I like that they have begun giving games to gold subscription members, but they are riding into that a bit late versus PS + members. The games are actually good though, Assassin's Creed 2 is a good time and highly recommended. All in all, I hope its a system that makes sense and something you want to achieve, not just there to try to make it look better and have no good use.

Them getting rid of Microsoft Points isn't going to protect your account any more than now.

I'm still confused why they actually removed MS points, is there really a reason for it, other than having a fresh start? Maybe the new currency will be able to watch Netflix movies or TV shoes on your console easier? I have no idea, but I sure hope they will surprise us with something good. I'm tired of all their choices right now, ads, business, when is the good news going to come? Comic Con is soon, so hopefully they will announce something big there as well.

I wonder how many people really thought they could cash out, what would be the point of it. These are points specific to a device that we all use, we would not need those "funds" to be transferred, we need them kept in the same place to use for further things related to that specific device. I am all for this and really can not wait, I hate dealing with the points system right now.

I'm still confused why they actually removed MS points, is there really a reason for it, other than having a fresh start? Maybe the new currency will be able to watch Netflix movies or TV shoes on your console easier? I have no idea, but I sure hope they will surprise us with something good. I'm tired of all their choices right now, ads, business, when is the good news going to come? Comic Con is soon, so hopefully they will announce something big there as well.

You were only able to buy Microsoft Points at specific amounts. 400, 800, 1200, etc.. and the prices of things were changing and you have stuff that cost less than 400 ever since the Avatar items were introduced. Its been needed to be changed for a long time now. This way you can pay the exact amount of money that it cost and not have to spend more on Microsoft Points than needed.

Back