Xbox One New Xbox One Marketing Addresses Policy Reversal

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
xbox-marketing-ignjpg-e952c4.jpg
Some of Microsoft's upcoming marketing for Xbox One addresses its policy reversal, likely in an attempt to take on any confusion about its console head on. A source provided IGN with the new "Get the facts" image below, which explains that you can "Share, trade-in, resell, & gift game discs to your heart's content."GameStop's new "Get the facts" web page further details what Xbox One can and can't do, reminding potential buyers that they can play games online or offline, rent games, and play anywhere with their Gold account. Indeed, Microsoft wants the mainstream to be aware that Xbox One is different than it was when the next-gen hardware was revealed earlier this year.

This long overdue in my opinion. Once they reversed policies, they should have made the facts heard to everyone. I suppose since the majority of people who still do not know about the reversal are not exactly the "hardcore" they just want to be sure the casual walk-in customer still trying to choose between XB1 and PS4 has their facts straight for comparison.

via IGN

It is overdue. MS needs to get this out there. I know at least a few people who own 360s who were avoiding Xb1 because they still thought the drm and other policies were still in place. They never bothered to follow things beyond that.

You'd think the MS reversal was big news, but I don't think it reached much of the casual crowd like you said. A lot of people heard the news around E3 and switched over to the Sony side and never found out that they changed.

It is overdue. MS needs to get this out there. I know at least a few people who own 360s who were avoiding Xb1 because they still thought the drm and other policies were still in place. They never bothered to follow things beyond that.

You'd think the MS reversal was big news, but I don't think it reached much of the casual crowd like you said. A lot of people heard the news around E3 and switched over to the Sony side and never found out that they changed.

I'm not sure though how this is still happening. If you go to Gamestop's website, the policy reversal is all over the place on the Xbox One area. http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one

At the bottom of the listing on the Walmart page for the Xbox One, same thing: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-...Bundle-w-Choice-of-Game-or-Accessory/25886195

So how are people not getting the information? How did they get it in the first place?

Most of these people aren't buying either on launch, but I know at least a few people who simply heard MS's original policies and they just switched into PS4 mode and never looked back. You'd think people would at least look back at MS, but they don't (maybe they would have before buying). Nobody is reading the product page because they decided 100% in their minds to go PS4 way back at E3.

This just made people distrust MS more, and they don't bother reading. I mean, how many people come here and say that MS was going to implement an "always online" system when that was never true?

The sad part is people are going to make decisions based on incorrect information. The misinformation flies all around and the gamers are the ones who suffer. You'd think people would make more informed decisions, but they don't seem to. There are too many people out there who believe that Sony is making the ultimate gaming machine, while MS is just a front for the NSA to spy on us.

MS needs to get their positive marketing message out there. A lot of my Xbox friends are switching. They look at me like I'm a lunatic for choosing X1. Hopefully this is just my experience and not a widespread problem.

The #1 thing they say when I tell them about the drm reversal is, "you just wait, they'll force you back online in a year".

Most of these people aren't buying either on launch, but I know at least a few people who simply heard MS's original policies and they just switched into PS4 mode and never looked back. You'd think people would at least look back at MS, but they don't (maybe they would have before buying). Nobody is reading the product page because they decided 100% in their minds to go PS4 way back at E3.

This just made people distrust MS more, and they don't bother reading. I mean, how many people come here and say that MS was going to implement an "always online" system when that was never true?

The sad part is people are going to make decisions based on incorrect information. The misinformation flies all around and the gamers are the ones who suffer. You'd think people would make more informed decisions, but they don't seem to. There are too many people out there who believe that Sony is making the ultimate gaming machine, while MS is just a front for the NSA to spy on us.

MS needs to get their positive marketing message out there. A lot of my Xbox friends are switching. They look at me like I'm a lunatic for choosing X1. Hopefully this is just my experience and not a widespread problem.

The #1 thing they say when I tell them about the drm reversal is, "you just wait, they'll force you back online in a year".

My answer to them is that Sony could implement an online check in ad DRM just as easily. You best be sure they have considered it too.

My answer to them is that Sony could implement an online check in ad DRM just as easily. You best be sure they have considered it too.

Yep, people think MS is evil and Sony is the champion of gamers.

I bet in a year or two publishers start forcing their games to be always online. People will be begging for MS to bring their system back instead of always online.

Wait, Microsoft never explained anything so now Gamestop has to explain stuff to sell the console or did Microsoft pay Gamestop for the marketing of the console? Because if it is the first, then Microsoft has some serious problems in the marketing of their own products!

Wait, Microsoft never explained anything so now Gamestop has to explain stuff to sell the console or did Microsoft pay Gamestop for the marketing of the console? Because if it is the first, then Microsoft has some serious problems in the marketing of their own products!

This isn't specific to Gamestop. This a push from Microsoft through all retailers. They initially announce it on online new sites and gaming sites as well as their own channels. This is aimed at the casual walk-in customer.

This isn't specific to Gamestop. This a push from Microsoft through all retailers. They initially announce it on online new sites and gaming sites as well as their own channels. This is aimed at the casual walk-in customer.

The only problem with this is that the causal shopper is not likely to stop and read anything whatsoever regarding this. Maybe if they stick in line long enough, but most likely they'll just walk right past it as they head for whatever it is they came in to get. I mean there is a reason most folks haven't heard of the reversal previously. Then again it could simply be that the old "Microsoft is of the Devil" thing is coming back into style... probably that.

The only problem with this is that the causal shopper is not likely to stop and read anything whatsoever regarding this. Maybe if they stick in line long enough, but most likely they'll just walk right past it as they head for whatever it is they came in to get. I mean there is a reason most folks haven't heard of the reversal previously. Then again it could simply be that the old "Microsoft is of the Devil" thing is coming back into style... probably that.

This isn't randomly placed in store, it's scattered throughout the xbox sections

Back