Xbox One Original installation disc required to play games?

fireman174

New XBox One user. Bought it primarily for my grandkids, although I freely admit some interest on my part.

So my learning curve is very steep and I have no doubt I'm going to be seeking information that is probably very basic and common knowledge for the "younger" users. Don't laugh to hard!

I bought an Xbox One for my three young grandkids and one for our place - or rather for me!

So my first question, with others to follow I'm certain, concerns programs loaded from CD games I've purchased. Examples are NASCAR Heat 4, NHL 20, and TSW (Train Sim World), and others.

After the programs were loaded they all required me to insert the original installation disk to run the program.

Is this normal?

If normal, how are programs that are purchased, downloaded and installed from the internet on the XBox started without a CD?

In advance, thanks.

It is completely normal to have to install with the disk. When you download a game the game will appear with all your other games in the games and apps section

ok, so CD games require you to insert the CD to download them, and insert the CD to play them. Although your still downloading the game it does save a lot of space on your xbox, compared to downloading digital versions of the game(from the internet). The best joy of downloading the digital version is that you don’t have to waste time taking out your CD and inserting a new one to switch the games you want to play and to start the digital games, just press the home button on your controller and look for all games and apps, press that and it will take you to a list of all games and apps downloade. But usually, after downloading a new game it should appear on your home screen. I hope i answered your question well and have a great day.

Back