Xbox One No Microphones Work With My XBOX One

SKetterman

Hello All,

Desperate to get this sorted.

Bought my daughter a PDP LVL50 wired headset yesterday for our XBOX ONE. The headphones work...I can hear the game, music, other players chatting, etc, but the mic doesnt register as working. No ring around the avatar suggesting voice is being transmitted, no name in the bottom-right corner when we speak, and with mic monitoring all the way up I still hear no echo.

So thinking maybe somehow there was a compatibility issue (despite the packaging showing "designed for XBOX"), I went out and bought a new Turtle Beach Recon 50X. Exact same deal. Headphones work, mic does not.

Probably the most important part - BOTH of these headsets work perfectly on my PS4 and my PC. But when I use them on the XBOX, the mic doesnt work on either one.

- I've been through all of the audio settings ad infinitum, googling for 2 full days what to look for. Nothing has worked. The mic is enabled, output is set to headset, volume is up, nothing is muted.
- Connecting via 3.5mm jack on the controller
- Controller and console are both 100% up-to-date
- The mic is not muted in the console settings. Went in and toggled it on and off countless times
- Controller in use is assigned to the profile being used
- Conducted a full / hard console reboot
- Performed a console reset (maintaining games). Re-configured the console from scratch, no dice.
- No privacy or parentel settings are interfering; they are all essentially 'wide open'
- Not using a Kinect
- Internet test shows NAT as 'Open'

I think it's pretty clear there is something wrong with the console itself. I'm hoping this is a common enough issue so that someone reading knows of a solution. Thanks for reading,

Shaun

Back