Xbox One Noob wanting to migrate from Xbox 360 to Xbox One X

technogamer

First let me start with saying that I'm a bit I'm extremely out of touch with the latest console related news etc. I've been using an Xbox 360 with a handful of games (can't remember exactly which games but I have some from the series: Assassin Creed, Halo, Gears of war, GTA 5, Modern Warfare and some of the Lego games). I don't often get to play myself but when I do it's from the non-Lego games. I play more often with my young boy with the Lego games I have (Marvel Superheroes, Batman 1, Batman 2, Indiana Jones). Up until recently I was rocking a cheap 1080p TV so it was fine but recently I purchased a 2nd hand 4K tv from a friend of mine and with the price of the Xbox One X falling down (on some of the better deals), it's caught my interest.

I've been looking at the Xbox 360 game compatibility list and it's really confusing as I'm not sure whether this is for actual disc games or download content. And also, whether a Xbox 360 compatible game will work by putting the disc in the One X or if it somehow unlocks downloadable content.

All the games I have are physical discs. I have a Silver Live account (the free one). I've never downloaded any games or content (unless the disc based game forces me to download an update).

Any advice/suggestions?

---------------

Edit (managed to dig out my Xbox 360 games list for what it's worth):
Assassin's Creed III
Borderlands 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Gears Of War 3
Gears Of War: Judgment
Grand Theft Auto V
Halo 4
Kinect Adventures
Kinect sports season two
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Overlord
Overlord 2
Scene It? Box office smash
Scene it? Lights, camera, action
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
Lego Batman/Pure (combo boxset)
Lego Batman 2
Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda (combo boxset)

I also have the Xbox 360 kinect but I don't really use it anymore.

Back