Old Pokemon games

SpiralArchitect

In my opinion, the Pokemon franchise is without doubt one of the best things to happen in the Nintendo Gameboy era. While the concept is incredibly simple, Nintendo could milk the franchise to no end by merely making minor changes to the game and adding more pokemon.

My personal favorite is Pokemon LeafGreen and FireRed, the remakes of the old Pokemon Red and Blue. A game with classic 150 pokemon but with better graphics.

Any other pokemon fans here? Which are your favorite games in the series?

Got to go with Silver / Soul Silver. Something about that generation that makes me think it's still the best one. Still amazed how Nintendo still didn't made a full fledge Pokemon game for one of their home consoles. Imagine how great how it would be, with real online play. It would be great for the Wii U and it would definitely save the system!

I never had the gameboy when they 1st came out but I used to watch all of my buddies in elementary school battle with the link cable or even the cards. WHEW!! Those were the good ole' days!

Got to go with Silver / Soul Silver. Something about that generation that makes me think it's still the best one. Still amazed how Nintendo still didn't made a full fledge Pokemon game for one of their home consoles. Imagine how great how it would be, with real online play. It would be great for the Wii U and it would definitely save the system!

I am actually surprised that Nintendo never thought along these lines. One of the most popular games you have ever published and you don't bring it to your home console. Not sure if it would completely save Wii U but it can surely help in that direction.

I never had the gameboy when they 1st came out but I used to watch all of my buddies in elementary school battle with the link cable or even the cards. WHEW!! Those were the good ole' days!

Yep! They sure were. We were quite literally connected back then ;)

Ah yes. Such fond memories of those games.

During my childhood when Sapphire and Ruby were the latest games, those were the must haves! The games everyone wanted to get their hands on. And GBA was the console of choice. Those were really the simpler times. :p

I loved playing those games. They were just so much fun! I haven't played them since the newer ones came but still I hope they keep continuing the franchise so one day maybe I can play them with my children.

It comes down to either Pearl/Diamond or Gold/Silver - maybe I have expensive tastes? Yeah. I like these games pretty well. That said I can see doing console games like Coliseum or Snap, but I don't know how I'd feel about just sort of porting a handheld edition to console.

Back in the days when I downloaded emulators and ROMs like nobody's business, I would almost exclusively use them for Pokemon games. Thinking back on it, I'm actually shocked how much time I spent illegally playing Pokemon compared to any other game series.

My favorite is probably Ruby/Sapphire, because it has Tropius, the flying grass dragon with BANANAS GROWING FROM HIS NECK. My favorite Pokemon of all time, and it's not close.

My first ever Pokemon game was the Pokemon red version. I remember I would always make my parents mad because I would replace the Double AA batteries from the remotes with the dead ones from my Gameboy, haha. Soon I got creative and started looking for places where I could get double AA batteries, like flash lights and mechanical toothbrushes. I'm happy now that I could just download a ROM and play my favorite games, although there's nothing better than holding it in your hands.

Although I remember when I was young that I caught all 121-some first-gen Pokemon, but my file got deleted because I caught MISSINGNO (a cheat I learned from a friend) and it totally ruined my profile. Does anyone know how people even discovered MISSINGNO? The way you get the Pokemon is so specific that I'm surprised anyone figured it out.

I really love the Pokemon franchise, that made up most of my childhood days. I remember the day I got a gameboy along with Fire Red, it was the best give I have received from my step-dad. My cousin had Leaf Green so we traded and battled each other all the time. Both of us almost completed our whole Pokedex, maybe I will someday.

Back