Original Xbox Oldie has forgotten how to do it

tek

Hmmm, well I am of course referring to the whole process of getting xbox images across to the xbox hard drive although most of it is coming back to me. Craxtion Qwix etc etc. Thinking I may need to search for a crossover cable because standard cat5e I assume won't be up to the job.
Hi, I'm Tek and I used to mod pretty much all the consoles back in the day but at 52 I have just renewed my interest in the original Xbox which I still have and I have a few questions coz my memory not so good and although I have seen and read a few guides relating to my questions I'm not entirely clear on it.
1 - My xbox is modded has slayers, Avalaunch etc on it and is powered by the executer 2 chip. Trouble is I never changed the original hard drive and I just fished out and old but working 164gb 7200rpm drive which I would like to use to replace the original one. Not a clue what is on this other drive but should I FAT format it before attempting to clone original xbox HD over please?

2 - I downloaded a few xbox images the other day and successfully converted to XIso and burned the game which works fine but I have an issue with the other one.
Ninja Gaiden black once Xiso is just over 6gb which suggests Id need to burn it to a dual layer DVD-R which I don't have at present. I noticed that 4.22GB of the game is in fact just movie files and I guess I couldn't just delete these files and burn the disc to standard single layer DVD-R as it probably wouldn't work. I read somewhere that xbox live files can be deleted but I have no idea what file extension these are and if it even has any which I doubt.
I suppose if I can get the other HD installed I could copy the game over to the drive instead of finding a suitable dual layer disc, however I would still like to burn a copy so can anyone suggest reliable dual layer media please?. My xbox has the samsung DVD drive in.
All and any help would be very much appreciated
kind regards
Tek

Back