Operation #StopTheBlame

RainbowFlwrPowr

From
North Carolina
Website
www.claytonballentine.com
Today, I am happy to announce the new campaign launch for Operation #StopTheBlame. You can read more about it on my website: http://bit.ly/12YkoG1

Basically it's a petition to tell Congress to stop blaming video games for violence in America and elsewhere and to tell them to stay out of gaming. If you visit the link above you are not obligated to sign the petition, although it would be greatly appreciated.

New media has always been a target of blame for many things. It a way to ease the blame on other forms that have been the blame in the past. Aslong as we continue to have no censorship on video games I don't care if people believe it's to blame or not.

Good campaign. I am tired of hearing video games and every form of entertainment under the sun. Being blamed for hyper and terrifying acts of random violence. America has a lot more problems that are to blame for random violence than the latest X-BOX game. Like bullying, how we treat our citizens, mental health, etc.

Excellent campaign man! I will check out the website. Hope the campaign succeeds... but if it does, then what will they blame?!?!?!

They will always find something to blame everything on.... maybe the next source of "violence" will be food or toys (which I could definitely see as a culprit) ;)
As long as they stop limiting gaming, its fine by me!

This is just another petition that they will just brush off their shoulders.
They're dealing with CISPA atm and there is a petition going around to stop it.
Do you really think Congress is going to listen to the people? It's their choice, petitions don't do a lot.
It is worth a try I guess. Signed.

There's no need to any operation like this... studies have already shown that play games doesn't lead in any way to violence. Blaming video games/ movies/ music is just an excuse form politicians to so they don't lose the gun lobby money.

Excellent campaign man! I will check out the website. Hope the campaign succeeds... but if it does, then what will they blame?!?!?!

Rap Music, movies, sex and violence in t.v. and cinema. Girls who dress too provocatively, comic books, etc. The right wing will always blame everything but themselves. Because since they are Christian, they feel it can't possibly be anything they're doing wrong.

Congress...and anything government-related...just has absurd notions about so many things. And then there's the general public that also just starts assuming what's to blame/not to blame under certain circumstances.

To me, video games just nurture kids so they aren't doing anything else that's bad. My mom sometimes didn't condone how much I played, then I told her it's better than doing drugs or killing people...she happily agreed.

It's like the old fashion of saying that violent movies creates killers and psychopaths. The only thing that people want is something to blame their errors, so they go with the things that are popular nowadays. Let's just hope that someday, this hate goes to another form of entertainment...

I think people are just trying to put the blame on something because of their bad parenting.

You should really tell me why I am shooting a 12 year old player on XBL. Why do they even have a mature rated game or even a game like CoD. The parents are the ones who bought it so they must have approved of it. Don't blame others because of your irresponsibility.

Plus, there isn't any significant evidence that says video games causes violence.

I think people are just trying to put the blame on something because of their bad parenting.

You should really tell me why I am shooting a 12 year old player on XBL. Why do they even have a mature rated game or even a game like CoD. The parents are the ones who bought it so they must have approved of it. Don't blame others because of your irresponsibility.

Plus, there isn't any significant evidence that says video games causes violence.

This is so true, man. The ratings are there for a reason. Parents buy the games even if the box says "18+". One way or another, I don't think that letting kids play violent games is too problematic as long as you teach them what's right and what's not. I'm not a violent person and I'm disgusted by real life violence of any kind even though I really like violent videogames and I've played Grand Theft Auto since I was a kid. But I was raised properly, I've always known better than to imitate the acts seen on videogames, movies or TV. Some parents will just buy whatever game and let their kids play the games without really teaching them that such acts shouldn't be imitated. They don't raise their kids, they want videogames and the TV to raise the kids for them.

/rant

Congress...and anything government-related...just has absurd notions about so many things. And then there's the general public that also just starts assuming what's to blame/not to blame under certain circumstances.

To me, video games just nurture kids so they aren't doing anything else that's bad. My mom sometimes didn't condone how much I played, then I told her it's better than doing drugs or killing people...she happily agreed.

I gave my mom the same speech almost when we went to my grandma's birthday gathering last year. I was really hungry when we got back so I ordered up a pizza. Guy got there around 11:30. I didn't eat till like 12:15 because I had stuff to do in between. She says...."you shouldn't be eating heavy food this time of night, especially pizza". I said..."come on mom, some people are doing lines of coke at a nightclub somewhere downtown right now as we speak." "Some people....myself NOT included." Her expression showed she wasn't pleased, but at the same time she knew I had a point. ;)

This is so true, man. The ratings are there for a reason. Parents buy the games even if the box says "18+". One way or another, I don't think that letting kids play violent games is too problematic as long as you teach them what's right and what's not. I'm not a violent person and I'm disgusted by real life violence of any kind even though I really like violent videogames and I've played Grand Theft Auto since I was a kid. But I was raised properly, I've always known better than to imitate the acts seen on videogames, movies or TV. Some parents will just buy whatever game and let their kids play the games without really teaching them that such acts shouldn't be imitated. They don't raise their kids, they want videogames and the TV to raise the kids for them.

/rant

I think though it has more to do with conscience and common sense. If you have like, a human soul. You're not gonna be going out and FPS'ing innocent people. Under the illusion they're zombies or something from a video game. Furthermore, if you have common sense, same rules apply. Today's kids lack a conscience and moral compass. Hence all the smarts in the world won't stop them from going section 8. Politicians will just blame video games because that sort of thing wins votes in the bible belt. Where they think cable, video games, and most modern electronics, gizmos, and gadgets, are the work of Satan.

Back