Original Xbox Original Xbox controller

Dame6089

How do you feel about the original Xbox controller. Love it? Hate it?

Personally, i wasn't a fan. It was just way too bulky. I have relatively big hands, but I can imagine that people with smaller hands struggled with it. I think Microsoft really refined the controller perfectly with the 360.

I agree, the original Xbox controller was too bulky so I hated it. I couldn't really complain though since that's the only controller they offered. They did a really good job for the controller on the Xbox 360 though, i'll give them props for that.

I'll have to disagree here and say that the original XBox controller, AKA "The Duke" was the best XBox controller next to the XBox 360 Controller.
When they started selling the XBox Controller S I tried one out. It was horrible for Halo, they had moved the black and white buttons and the overall controller feel was just all wrong. We systematically collected "Dukes" for a few years and dominated at Halo games because of it.

I'm curious to see how the new controller will feel.

Wow, I can honestly say that you are the first person I've ever heard make a positive statement about the original Xbox controller. I mean, I've heard people who are neutral on it, but nobody who actually likes it. Awesome for you though! I wish I could have enjoyed it that much. It just never truly felt comfortable in my hands.

I absolutely hated it. It was way too large an bulky. It just did not feel right. It is was kept me from buying the console until I got bored with my other games and consoles and finally broke down and bought a second hand xbox. I remember reading about how Microsoft actually sent xbox people to hardcore gamers' homes to interview them about what they wanted in a controller. How in the world did they end up with that design after all that research?

Back