Persona's Annoucements: P4A2 and P5 on PS3, P4D on Vita and PQ for 3DS

Claptrap

So, since the annoucements and the Persona series are mostly on Playstation consoles, I thought I would share the 4 big annoucements made this morning/yesterday regarding the series.

1) Persona 4 Dancing All Night for Vita, rhythm game developed by Dingo who developed the first Project Diva games for PSP: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/2...rsona-4-dancing-rhythm-game-playstation-vita/

2) Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth for 3DS, P3 and P4 crossover developed by the Etrian Odyssey team: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/24/persona-q-shadow-labyrinth-coming-3ds/

3) Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Persona 4 Arena 2) announced for PS3, trailer reveals very interesting story developments but might contain spoilers for Persona 4's ending: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/24/persona-4-ultimax-suplex-hold-coming-ps3-next-year/

5) Persona 5 announced! Winter 2014 in Japan, PS3: http://persona5.jp/

Oh wow, they are really milking it out, ain't they? I ain't complaining, but that is really a lot of titles to be announced from just one series. Also, really hyped for Persona 5, will it really be PS3 exclusive?

Oh wow, they are really milking it out, ain't they? I ain't complaining, but that is really a lot of titles to be announced from just one series. Also, really hyped for Persona 5, will it really be PS3 exclusive?

Yup, milking it. I don't mind at all, though, as long as the games are all good. I wonder how long some of these have been in development, though. Persona 5 has been in development for a while, a 3DS Persona game was mentioned a long while ago and Persona 4 Ultimax Suplex Hold is a (huge) update of Persona 4 Arena and P4A started development by the time Persona 4 was released on PS2. Sounds like all the games are actually nearing completion already, they probably wait until the games are almost done to announce them which would kind of explain why they announced all of them together like this.

It does seem Persona 5 will be PS3 exclusive, unless they do a Vita port eventually. This is unless they go multiplatform in the west but PS3-exclusive in Japan, which I would say is unlikely. It kinda makes me mad that Arc System Works and Atlus have supported multiplatform releases up until now :(

That franchise in general is being milked, but all the games have been great. I just ish more people would play the other SMT titles as well. It's like playing FFX and up and never mind the older ones which were consistently good and less movie-game and not bothering with the 2.5 Tactics games.

...will be getting Persona Q if it hits the States.

That franchise in general is being milked, but all the games have been great. I just ish more people would play the other SMT titles as well. It's like playing FFX and up and never mind the older ones which were consistently good and less movie-game and not bothering with the 2.5 Tactics games.

...will be getting Persona Q if it hits the States.

I agree, though... I wouldn't compare it to Final Fantasy, because the Persona and SMT are lately all extremely solid games.

I do wish more people would get into Shin Megami Tensei itself instead of just Persona, though. There's some fantastic games, like IV, Nocturne, Strange Journey, the Raidous, Digital Devil Saga, etc...

Thankfully, it does seem that Persona's success has attracted at least a percentage of Persona fans into the other Megaten games.

That is definitely a good thing. Atlus has been ridiculously consistent with their games in general (love playing Etrian Odyssey games over). The only thing Square Enix has been consistent with is Dragon Quest and that's more of an Enix thing than a Square thing, really. I don't know how their studios are set up, but I know each passing year my hope for a new ActRasier, Robotrek, Soul Blazer, Terranigma, and/or Illusion of Gaia wanes. I had long lost hope for a full on Mana return or "Surprise! Here's a new Live A Live lol."

Back to Atlus, I'm hoping they also explore bringing back the Shining series and doing console/handheld Phantasy Star since they have reign over Sega titles.

I'm glad Atlus has some games ahead. They'd slowed to a trickle. I was a little worried. Persona 5 looks good. I'm pretty much over Persona 4; at this point, I feel like they're beating a dead horse.

I would practically kill for another Raidou game. I doubt it's in the cards, though.

Back