PETA Goes After Pokemon for Animal Cruelty

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Um, I have to say, I never associated Pokemon with animal cruelty. Not in a million years. But apparently it's made PETA angry enough to go after them. Pokeballs are CRUEL!! lol Okay, so maybe you personally DO feel that Pokemon is an evil video game franchise that is trying to exploit the cruelty of trainers capturing their make believe Pokemon into little Pokeballs and making them fight each other so they can capture more Pokemon and...Well, that's your prerogative Me, I just feel that it's a game meant to entertain. When I was growing up and watching Ducktales, did I look at the bad guys that would try shooting Unca Scrooge and Launchpad as evil hunters trying to kill innocent ducks? No. It was just a fun cartoon meant to entertain. Okay, enough of my rant...

Check out the full article on CNET.

Wow, they're just now picking up on this? Pokemon has been around for decades. What took them so long? But seriously, come on. It's a cartoon. They don't even have real animals.

Yeah...they're doing it again XD
We've talked about this on MLP Forums and I got a little pissed....I think we should just ignore then since Pokemon is one of PETA's way of getting attention...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
Does that mean I'm no longer allowed to join and compete in my Pokemon Emerald? What about Tom and Jerry? I thought Pokemons love to fight. Its their nature. Anyway, PETA should focus on more important things like saving the cat that has climbed up a tree or the stray dog that has lost its way. I love PETA but I think this is absurd.

I'm sure PETA will lose. Pokemon isn't a real animal. If they tried to bring some lawsuit out of it, there would be no substance.

Yeah, I agree-I think it's just a way to get their name in the news. I mean, seriously? Wile E Coyote & the Road Runner? Tom & Jerry as lindberg mentioned? Elmer Fudd & all of the WB cartoon animals?? C'mon PETA...

I've heard about this a bit recently. I find it really funny because my friends have always been cracking jokes at PETA, and making references to them in relation to Pokemon.
One of my favorites: PETA- People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.
lol ^.^

I don't think PETA should bother Pokemon in any way. It's clear that Pokemon is trying to contend to audiences much younger than those who PETA would even make a notice to. Why would they even bother?

-Skylark

I assume they're going to say that making fake, virtual, non real animals fight is comparable to say...Michael Vick's dog fighting ring? I knew PETA has done some low things in the past. But this is really, REALLY pushing it.

I wonder if Nintendo can have a defamation lawsuit on this. Because this is really just PETA trying to make Nintendo look like they support Animal cruelty. Because even though Pokemon battle, one of the strongest themes both the games and the cartoon make a point to stress is that you're supposed to love the Pokemon and cherish them the same way you would a human being.

I really hope Nintendo goes after them.

I think PETA takes themselves way too seriously when they start going after companies for cruelty to fictional characters. Maybe I could understand it if Pokemon were creatures that could exist in the real world like a mouse or a cat but they can't. I hope that Nintendo does go after them, this is just ridiculous.

I think PETA takes themselves way too seriously when they start going after companies for cruelty to fictional characters. Maybe I could understand it if Pokemon were creatures that could exist in the real world like a mouse or a cat but they can't. I hope that Nintendo does go after them, this is just ridiculous.

I think the folks at PETA are just riding a boat of confidence ever since that Michael Vick thing. They pretty much feel they can go after anyone, anytime they want. I can't believe their lawyers didn't try to convince them not to try to go after Nintendo. It's as of nobody there can see how nonsensical this is.

Wow, I cannot believe this. What about the turtles Mario jumps on? Are they going to say that is violence too? I had no idea they were taking things to such a level.

I just found out that Nintendo is now indeed suing PETA for wrongful slander. And honestly, I hope they win. PETA has it coming to them. I don't see what made them even remotely think to go after Nintendo for such a silly thing.

I agree-The whole thing was unwarranted and just plain ridiculous.

Back