Xbox One Phil Spencer is going to deliver Gamecom keynote this year

wowtgp

Phil Spencer who is the vice president of MS Game Studios, is going to give the keynote address at Gamescom 2013. This news was unconfirmed at first, but organizers have confirmed to CVG and VG247 that it's going to happen. It's going to be better now since that obnoxious Don Matrix won't show up at stage anymore. What do you think?

Via - Phil Spencer to deliver gamescom keynote | VG247

He is cool in my book, at least a lot better than Don Mattrick. I don't know why, but that guy has the most punchable face in the industry, and i think the problem is that smug face he has all the time that pisses me off!

I don't know much about him, but I think Major Nelson would've been a better choice. He has been a great and helpful person ever since E3, and easily one of the most respectable directors working at Microsoft. He interacts with his fans and listens to them. Anyways, I'm not really worried about who's announcing what at Gamescon, I'm just excited to see what games they will announce, and potentially some more exclusives.

either or... dont matter to me. just waiting for more game video and info on dates. bout it..

What I like about Phil Spencer is that you can tell he is into it. You can tell he is a gamer, you can tell the tech gets him excited.

He is cool in my book, at least a lot better than Don Mattrick. I don't know why, but that guy has the most punchable face in the industry, and i think the problem is that smug face he has all the time that pisses me off!

No kidding. Don Mattrick had that smug face and then said stupid things while being smug. Guess that's why he ain't working with Msoft now, huh?

So yeah, just hope this guy doesn't say stupid crap but he seems better than Mattrick for sure.

Yeah, like a few others in the thread have said, I'm definitely ok with Phil Spencer delivering the keynote speech. Don't get my wrong, I have nothing against Don Mattrick, it just seemed like he was always out of place and uncomfortable while on stage. Phil may not be Mark Cerny, but I'm sure he'll do a great job all the same.

I don't know much about him, but I think Major Nelson would've been a better choice. He has been a great and helpful person ever since E3, and easily one of the most respectable directors working at Microsoft. He interacts with his fans and listens to them. Anyways, I'm not really worried about who's announcing what at Gamescon, I'm just excited to see what games they will announce, and potentially some more exclusives.

Oh you are talking about that obnoxious little troll. Did you see his Xbox One reveal video on the YouTube? You'd notice that the video has gotten a record number of dislikes. That's not because people hated the reveal. It's because he sounds so phony and cheesy that people just want him to keep his mouth shut and never show his face. He talks as if Xbox One is everything and people will die without it. I am glad they have got someone like Phil :)

Oh you are talking about that obnoxious little troll. Did you see his Xbox One reveal video on the YouTube? You'd notice that the video has gotten a record number of dislikes. That's not because people hated the reveal. It's because he sounds so phony and cheesy that people just want him to keep his mouth shut and never show his face. He talks as if Xbox One is everything and people will die without it. I am glad they have got someone like Phil :)

Wow, really? That's pretty immature. The reason for the dislikes were probably because of all the PS4 fanboys, and not because of Major Nelson. I don't really see why you wouldn't like Major Nelson. He socializes with his fan base, he suggests ideas to the Microsoft coordinators and developers; I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested to have a headset in the package, he's the one that posts deals on his blogs so people would know, and so much more. I highly doubt you know anything about Major Nelson other than the fact that he made the unboxing video.

Wow, really? That's pretty immature. The reason for the dislikes were probably because of all the PS4 fanboys, and not because of Major Nelson. I don't really see why you wouldn't like Major Nelson. He socializes with his fan base, he suggests ideas to the Microsoft coordinators and developers; I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested to have a headset in the package, he's the one that posts deals on his blogs so people would know, and so much more. I highly doubt you know anything about Major Nelson other than the fact that he made the unboxing video.

Just see these two videos and let me know what you think.

[video=youtube;6RtSGFryKwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo[/video]

Most weird and uncomfortable interview ever. I can't comprehend why he was so rude to the interviewer.

[video=youtube;5RedM6PC-5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RedM6PC-5k[/video]

The unboxing video I was talking about.

The thing is, I can be so immature sometimes, but I have no problem with you saying that to me :)

Just see these two videos and let me know what you think.

Most weird and uncomfortable interview ever. I can't comprehend why he was so rude to the interviewer.

The unboxing video I was talking about.

The thing is, I can be so immature sometimes, but I have no problem with you saying that to me :)

That was a poor interview. I have to compliment Major Nelson on handling those questions professionally, especially since they were asked a million times before this interview. Angry Joe kept interrupting Major Nelson in that video, not giving him a chance to answer. I'm surprised Nelson kept his cool and answered all the questions throughout the video. He has the decency to do interviews which most Xbox One directors would not do. If you do a quick Google search of Xbox One interviews, Major Nelson will be the majority. Don Mattrick, Marc Whitten don't even add up to the number of interviews Major Nelson has done. The unboxing video was also humorous, I don't get why so many people can't take a joke. The way he shoves the box off the desk, and explains the boxed contents are examples of humor. He does a good job at explaining what each component does, and explains what's inside the box. Just an example of an average unboxing video.

Want to know what else he does?
- Updates his blog frequently for deals, news, and podcasts majornelson.com
- Takes the time for interviews and panels (1 2 3 4 5). There are much more interviews and panels where Major Nelson is in like E3, PAX, and other major conventions, I just listed some of the recent interviews on the Xbox One
- Has been working with Xbox since early 2004; almost 10 years now.
- One of the people who came up with the concept of Xbox 360 Achievements.

He may look and sound like a douche to many people, but his work has been outstanding and detrimental to Xbox consoles, and to Microsoft as a whole.

That was a poor interview. I have to compliment Major Nelson on handling those questions professionally, especially since they were asked a million times before this interview. Angry Joe kept interrupting Major Nelson in that video, not giving him a chance to answer. I'm surprised Nelson kept his cool and answered all the questions throughout the video. He has the decency to do interviews which most Xbox One directors would not do. If you do a quick Google search of Xbox One interviews, Major Nelson will be the majority. Don Mattrick, Marc Whitten don't even add up to the number of interviews Major Nelson has done. The unboxing video was also humorous, I don't get why so many people can't take a joke. The way he shoves the box off the desk, and explains the boxed contents are examples of humor. He does a good job at explaining what each component does, and explains what's inside the box. Just an example of an average unboxing video.

Want to know what else he does?
- Updates his blog frequently for deals, news, and podcasts majornelson.com
- Takes the time for interviews and panels (1 2 3 4 5). There are much more interviews and panels where Major Nelson is in like E3, PAX, and other major conventions, I just listed some of the recent interviews on the Xbox One
- Has been working with Xbox since early 2004; almost 10 years now.
- One of the people who came up with the concept of Xbox 360 Achievements.

He may look and sound like a douche to many people, but his work has been outstanding and detrimental to Xbox consoles, and to Microsoft as a whole.

Well, it seems like you have pretty much nailed it. Okay, you are right here. I was somewhat wrong about him.

Back