Xbox 360 Picking out a new headset...

Aray88

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need some suggestions.

I've used a pair of Tritton AX720s for a long time now. About a week ago they quit on me. So now I'm in the market for a new headset. I've been looking at Astros. My buddy has a pair of the A30s but I tried them on and feel they are too small. So I'm now looking at the A40s, they seem bigger in size since I have a big head they might be more comfortable. I really like the sound on the Astro as well. Then I checked out the Warheads and the Razer Chimaera. Problem is, I can't decide which pair I want. Has anybody had/used or currently using any of these? If so, what are your thoughts? Comfort, sound, voice, set up, battery life? All help is much appreciated. Thanks!

To claim that I have personal experience with the different headsets you have mentioned will be a lie and unhelpful! In cases like this, where advise is needed on the gadgets, I prefer to go for credible Reviews from independent site. Check out this site for example:

http://www.t3.com/features/best-gaming-headsets

You will find different types of headsets and why they are rated the best. Let me know if this was helpful.

I've had turtle beaches for a while. The sound is amazing, but they break quickly. For me, after not even a year, it makes HUGE echoes whenever I'm in parties. I always get yelled at and need to use my small Xbox mic -.-

My best luck with headsets are Logitech.
Turtle Beach sound quality is great, but as said before, they break easily.

Logitech headsets can be found at a lower price and hold up a lot better.

I use logitech as well in part because they are cheap and my local retailer always has sales on console extras like headphones and gimmicks. When you buy from a good brand name you can be relatively sure they will provide you with a good product in order to protect that brand name.

Buy the Turtle Beach X12s. They are a bargain of a price for what they're worth. They house $120 headset sound quality and great weight/feel as well as great functionality. In my opinion, the X12s are the all-time best buy for a Xbox 360/PC headset.

We use Turtle Beach headsets in our household and we love them. I have X32's and Pstep has XP 500's. They work great and the sound is amazing. We haven't had any problems with them breaking, but we're also fairly careful with them.

Back