Playstation 3 Controllers

Bluefrogs

I haven't bought a PS3 yet, for financial reasons, but it's on my wishlist. Now, I've heard from several people that the PS3 has faulty wireless controllers. Have you found this to be the case, or have you been satisfied with your wireless controllers?

I've heard this too. I don't have a PS3 either, but I've played a friend's before and I didn't have any problems with any of his controllers. However, another friend has a PS3 and swears he's been through 4 controllers in the past year - but he has a temper so it wouldn't surprise me if he was tearing them up by throwing them across the room or something!

My husband's nephews have a PS3 and they still have the controller(s) that came with the console. I think that in terms of quality, the controllers are just as good as Xbox 360 controllers, but if you don't take care of them, just like with anything else you can expect problems.

My gripe with the PlayStation controllers is their size. This is why I loved my first Xbox so much, the controllers were not designed for girls and 12 year old children. All kidding aside, I haven't experienced any technical problems with them, might be just bad luck on your side.

My gripe with the PlayStation controllers is their size. This is why I loved my first Xbox so much, the controllers were not designed for girls and 12 year old children. All kidding aside, I haven't experienced any technical problems with them, might be just bad luck on your side.
I don't think PS controllers are designed for girls. They are simply smaller, and hence more comfortable for some people. The grips don't diverge as much as the ones on the Xbox controllers do, which makes it easier to hold.

I doubt I will get one myself either, honestly I am about fed up with Sony. I have had the worst customer service experiences with them more than any other company out there. Somewhere down the line its like they gave up on caring about those who make their wallets fatter.

I know what you mean madmike! I have faced bad experiences with Sony too, I doubt I am going to buy any of their products after that. Several of my friends who own a PS3 complained about the controllers too, so I think it is a good decision to stay away from it. Besides, a 360 is pretty much the answer to all your gaming needs.

Actually, I prefer Playstation controllers to Xbox controllers BECAUSE of their smaller size, but then again I am a girl, so I guess Shoelaces hit the nail on the head there, ha ha!! As for the quality of the PS3's wireless controllers, I couldn't say, because we haven't bought a PS3 yet.

yes i have a controller that is possessed. it clicks buttons randomly and repeatedly.

That is a huge lie about the Playstation 3 controllers. I have never had a single issue with any of my PS3 controllers. These are some of the best developed controllers I have ever used in all my years of gaming.

I've never had any problems with my PS3 controllers at all except that one of my controllers died. I know that this is an Xbox Forum, but I have to admit I prefer PlayStation controllers to Xbox controllers. To me, the PS controllers just fit perfectly in my hand and Xbox controllers have always felt awkward to hold.

Back