PlayStation 4 Facing "Sell-Out Situation" in Europe

Clark Bruce

PlayStation 4 Facing "Sell-Out Situation" in Europe | The Escapist

Wow, some very interesting news has been announced about Sony's upcoming system the PlayStation 4. It appears that demand for the system is very high as Sony has revealed that preorders for the system is higher than any previous Sony system. In Europe specifically, there may even be a shortage of PS4's as Sony has also announced that the console might not be available when it launches there November 29th.

I can't say I'm surprised. MS has basically told Europe to bend over and think of "insert country here". So yeah, folks are going to gravitate to the cheaper, more consumer friendly console that isn't snowing them - Sony take a bow!

Well, that is a good thing somehow, if not only to help Sony to get back on it's feet after the bad times that the PSVita brought to the table.

both sytems have sold/pre ordered more than their previous. both ms and sony may not have thought both would sell like they are... both have stopped pre order various times state side and proably didnt think the other reigons would take off like they have.

I'm seriously not surprised, I personally own all of the consoles, and will be getting the next-gen ones. Though I play different games on them, and I choose on which console should I spend more, on the one or on the playstation 4. I usually go for Microsoft, but due to recent events, and their ****ty re-presentations and crappy exclusives overall, I might go more for the ps4.

This is kind of a bad situation for those that don't pre-order; they might not be getting their hands on a PS4 anytime soon. Still, it's kind of obvious to see why this happened in some European countries, since the Xbox One was delayed. Plus, Xbox One has a lot of features that will take a while to include in European and Asian versions of the consoles (makes sense for the TV and sports stuff).

Well, that is a good thing somehow, if not only to help Sony to get back on it's feet after the bad times that the PSVita brought to the table.

Honestly I don't think the PSVita really hurt them. I do think that having the PS3 come in last in the console race might have taken them aback, but they have gotten over it fairly well - also Sony has plenty of money coming in from all their other things: stereos, televisions, mp3 players, etc.

Is anyone considering buying extra consoles and shipping them overseas? Would the cost of shipping be worth it? I'm sure there are Europeans that would purchase them from overseas sellers. I am sort of surprised that Sony is leaving money on the table here. That is the cardinal sin of business. You are always supposed to have enough supply to meet demand.

Is anyone considering buying extra consoles and shipping them overseas? Would the cost of shipping be worth it? I'm sure there are Europeans that would purchase them from overseas sellers. I am sort of surprised that Sony is leaving money on the table here. That is the cardinal sin of business. You are always supposed to have enough supply to meet demand.

I don't understand the question - are you saying that folks should try to make a quick buck doing this or are you saying folks should get together and set up a system... I don't get it. I will however say that supply v demand does not in anyway mean that you meet demand - it means that you charge appropriately based on demonstrated need. Remember that economics is based upon the fact of never having enough resources to meet all needs.

Back