PlayStation 4 will support four controllers

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
Pretty much a given. Funny tough, even for the X1, these days I cant tell you th elast time I even hooke dup more than 2 controllers lol

Sony's PlayStation 4 will support up to four controllers simultaneously, the company has announced.

SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed the PS4's controller support on Twitter, following news that Microsoft's Xbox One will allow for eight controllers.

The PlayStation 3 can support up to seven controllers, though few games take advantage of this capability.

The PlayStation 4 will come with a single DualShock 4 controller, and Sony has announced that red and blue variants of the controller will be introduced shortly after launch. The new controller features a touch pad, light bar, and a Share button.

Via: PlayStation 4 will support four controllers - GameSpot.com

I expected it to have 4 controller support. I'm hardly ever in a social setting with more than 4 people who want to play a video game at the same time so I am happy with the setup. I don't understand people who complain that 4 controller support is not enough because it is enough for 99% of video gamers. Hell, most video game players actually play alone or online for multiplayer.

This is expected but I wonder how many games will even support this. The obsession of developers with better graphics makes it impossible for them make 4-player split-screen multiplayer nowadays. Hell, I think the only franchise that does that now is Call of Duty (but dirty clones like Medal of Honor and Homefront don't). Sure sucks when games like Borderlands and Left 4 Dead don't support good ol' 4-player split-screen...

I've never seen more than to people play at once. Normally if more people are around they take turns haha. I can't imagine needing four controllers.

I honest,y have a hard enough time with the s teen just split TWO ways ;)

To be honest who cares. Most people just use one controller at a time anyways. Barely anyone plays local multiplayer anymore.

The last time I played splitscreen multiplayer was when I played it on my original Xbox years back.

4 is more than enough.

To be honest who cares. Most people just use one controller at a time anyways. Barely anyone plays local multiplayer anymore.

The last time I played splitscreen multiplayer was when I played it on my original Xbox years back.

4 is more than enough.

257970-evonumbers[1].jpg
Damn kids and their local multiplayer, everyone go back to your corners play with your friends!

Attachments

• evo2013-crowd-2[1].jpg
    evo2013-crowd-2[1].jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
Well the Xbox One can have up to 8 controllers. I occasionally play games with 4+ people whenever a lot of my friends hang out at one of our homes. Not everyone brings their own gaming console, so we end up having to 4-way split screen. The more players = more fun. I won't lie, it's tough trying to only focus on your screen since it's so small.

Well the Xbox One can have up to 8 controllers. I occasionally play games with 4+ people whenever a lot of my friends hang out at one of our homes. Not everyone brings their own gaming console, so we end up having to 4-way split screen. The more players = more fun. I won't lie, it's tough trying to only focus on your screen since it's so small.

I bet, I have a seriously hard time with the split screens!

Four controllers? seems enough for me, anyways I don't have anyone to play with, so I don't have any problem even if it supports only one controller :)

I asked a few friends who are opting for ps4 over xbox one and say they honestly don't mind it only comes with one, and if they need to they will buy an extra. I guess it's not really a big deal to people. At least those I've talked to, and heard from on here.

4 controllers will be a great edition to the Playstation 4. I think with that being said, Xbox 36o has been ahead of Playstation because of it. I mean we have been having 4 controllers available on our systems.

i can't imagine any system in the future being released without the ability to use 4 controllers. That would just give people a reason to go with another console. I can't imagine it is a huge endeavor to support 4 controllers, so it would be foolish not to.

With that said, it does kind of suck to have to buy 4 controllers instead of 2. Those extra controllers add up fast, especially when they start breaking.

Back