Playstation Controller

Jules

Though I love the Xbox and I think the controller is just fine, I really miss my PS3 controller. It just feels more natural in my hand. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Actually, I know a lot of people feel exactly the opposite as you do. Namely, the PS3's buttons are just retarded in terms of what they represent and how they are laid out. The shape of the whole thing is concave and uncomfortable; it doesn't fit as easily into your hands as the Xbox controller. There's also the little problem of your thumbs smashing into each other when using the analog sticks.

If they could scale the size down it would help. Its not as much the layout but just the size that messes me up. Some people just have small hands but I am not one of them.

Though I love the Xbox and I think the controller is just fine, I really miss my PS3 controller. It just feels more natural in my hand. Does anybody else feel the same way?

I do! I disagree with gamertag's opinion of the Playstation controller. In contrast, I feel that the Xbox 360 controller is too large and bulky, and the buttons are spaced too far apart for comfort. I much prefer Playstation's smaller - and in my opinion, more ergonomic - controller, and I've never had a problem with my thumbs smashing into each other when using the analog sticks, lol. But then again, I have small hands, so I'm sure that influences my preference.

I guess it really must come down to the size of your hands. I don't hate the Playstation controller, I've never had a problem with the analog sticks or anything. I love the Xbox 360 controller though, the spacing of the buttons is perfect to me.

I came from a PS3 and like the 360 controller more just since it is more roomy.

Xbox contollers are more gyro-fitting. ps3 controllers are smaller, and have to make your hand cringe. which can lead to carpeltunnel and arthritis. just saying

I think the Playstation controller fits the hand better, but as someone said, the controls are just dumb. I prefer my Xbox 360 controller even if everyone says it is too bulky.

eh, i enjoy bulky. feels better on your hand. but i have bigger hands. so thats just how it is.

I have small hands and I still prefer the bulky Xbox controller. Whenever I played the Playstation, my wrists would start hurting. It would make sense if my hands hurt after a long time of playing, but my hands hurt after only playing for a little bit.

The preference of the Xbox and PlayStation 3 controllers, generally lies with the type of Video Game you are playing at the time. For those who enjoy playing Fighting games, the overall consensus is in favor of the PlayStation controller- if not an Arcade Stick. Blocking with the beveled D-Pad of an Xbox controller on Street Fighter IV can become problematic. My inputs for Tekken Tag Tournament or Persona 4 is extremely hard since the buttons for the Xbox are so stiff.

Its generally agreed that the Xbox controller is best for FPS games, but I personally like the PlayStation controller, overall. Bigger hands may prefer the Xbox, while smaller hands may prefer the PlayStation. Perhaps there is no better or worse, just a matter of preference. In any case, head over to Etokki dot com, for those who wish to buy converters to use the Xbox 360 controller on the PS3 and vice-versa.

Last edited:
Eh, for me a controller is a controller. No matter whether it's PlayStation or Xbox.

I used to have an XBox but now have a playstation 3. I sort of hated the controller for the XBox. I found it a weird shape. It didn't feel natural and the buttons felt like they were in the wrong places. On the other hand, I really like the playstation controller. It reminds me of the gamepads used in older consoles and some of the PC controllers too.

Yeah when i started getting back into Xbox i really missed the PS3 controllers. So what i did was i went online and i found where you could actually buy a ps3 controller with all of the xbox hardware and such inside. it connects to the xbox but feels and looks like a PS3 controller. Its awesome!

Ive also heard you can make one yourself decently easy but im not sure how so this way seemed a lot better! :D

It is my favourite controller, I had a ps2 and a psone and the Dual Shock is one of the best controllers I have tried in any console, I think Sony should keep it as the standard controller for the ps4, but I have read somewhere they are planning to change it.

One thing about the PS3 controller is that it is a lot better for fighting games. The D-pad on the Xbox controller is just nowhere near precise enough. Also the rounded buttons on the Xbox controller make putting in complex combos more difficult (my finger always slide off the B button). I could go on but not many people play fighting games any more so it's only a minority that know these issues.

I'm pretty sure somewhere out there you can buy Xbox controllers similar to the PS3 Dual shock controllers. Maybe on Ebay or stores like EB Games.

Back