Playstation Graphics Vs Other Systems

dannyboy

How would you grade Playstation graphics compared to the graphics of other systems? I always thought the PS1 has an excellent collection of games, but the graphics were not on the level of some of the other systems.

The Playstation consoles always looked nicer than the others. Nintendo consoles would still be a must because of the unique gameplay they offered compared to Xbox and Playstation. However, PC always triumphs when you factor graphics, look at Crysis 2 and look at any another game released in the same year. Bonus points if Crysis 2 is modded to have even higher resolution texture packs and more realistic models.

I think Xbox has always had superior graphics. The models in the games look very realistic.

The models might look somewhat realistic but Playstation has always trumped Xbox. Just look at the Metal Gear Solid series, that utilised the full graphical and processing power of the Playstations. Luckily, the Xbox One can somewhat utilise Blu-ray now (which PS3 has been able to do since 2006) which can hold gigabytes upon gigabytes of data. This means that they don't have to cut back on resources and textures to swamp their games with.

I think the PS3 vs Xbox 360 graphics debate is pretty futile overall. One thing I've noticed that the PS3 does better is the animation of characters' mouths when they're talking. But at the same time, the Xbox 360 has better graphics in certain other areas, especially in the distant background in games like Just Cause 2. Overall, they're pretty similar, and I don't prefer one over the other. I have both consoles anyway, so it's not like it was a selling point for me.

The Playstation has the better hardware. That is why the 1st party title look so much better. The Xbox was easier to develop for making the third party games run better. The next gen will be closer but the rumored GPU downgrade for the One will keep the PS4 number 1. Especially since essentially they are very similar in architecture. I expect the PS4 will be the lead dev platform this time around.

I would have to say that PlayStation's graphics are much more crisp and smooth in comparison to other consoles. e.g. Xbox or Nintendo. I honestly have no idea why but they are usually much more stronger and nice! You however cannot compare a Console to a PC, seeing as a PC is much more customisable and moddable, it loses to the PC on many stages.

-Paul

Back