Xbox 360 Please help me - Being harassed on XBL

a demonic box

Someone is constantly sending me threatening messages and hitting me offline. He's sent me my own ip address to me in a message to try and scare me, I have valid proof that he's been threatening to get my account banned and I keep getting hit offline. Is there anything I can do about this if I can show someone the messages that he's sending to me? I have no problem giving an employee my information for them to see the proof themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reset your IP address. It should be as simple as unplugging your connection for about 15 minutes. Not sure if that's enough to do it, but a quick Google can show you how. If is persists, keep the messages in your inbox and call Microsoft.

Contact Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (in the US) The should be able to figure out who is doing this and ban them.

I think you should either contact microsoft or even the police depending on how serious these threats are. You should also just block him already but still that depends on the situation. If he's only threatening to get your account banned then you're lucky, just contact microsoft but if he goes any further then you should tell somebody.

What exactly is "getting hit offline"? Do you mean actual physical contact? If that's the case you should be calling the police and have the person arrested for assault. Other than that, you can always report the guy's behavior to Xbox Live and have the person banned if you're able to prove it.

Yeah, assuming "hitting you offline" means someone is physically assaulting you, I would talk to your parents, or maybe someone at school (assuming you are in school, adults don't do crap like that).

Regardless, reporting him seems like a good first step.

Best to just call Microsoft and if "hitting" is what others assume it is you should probably talk to someone about that because violence in this manner should not be permitted.

Yeah, assuming "hitting you offline" means someone is physically assaulting you, I would talk to your parents, or maybe someone at school (assuming you are in school, adults don't do crap like that).

Regardless, reporting him seems like a good first step.
Good point you got there. It makes much more sense, TC is being harassed by some bully at school both on Live and in real life. No point complaining to Microsoft if that's the case since Microsoft can only resolve the Live side of things and he'll still get hit in real life.

Contact Microsoft customer support and the Xbox Live customer support reps should be able to help you out. How did he end up getting so angry he decided to start harassing you?

This should definitely be reported. Yes, you should take steps to protect yourself, like getting a new IP address and setting up a new user account, but report the activity to Microsoft. It will most likely result in a ban for this member, which he can set up a new account with a new name and IP, but maybe you can block him? If you find out how to block him, then you can just keep blocking every time they send you something. If hes just sending you messages just delete, report and ignore.

Contact your ISP to change your IP, then contact Microsoft to get the kid banned.

I believe that he means that he is getting Ddosed (when he says getting hit offline). Because why else would he talk about IP adress. There are many ways to protect yourself against Ddosing, and a first step would be to contact authorities as this is highly illegal and a crime.

So, whatever happened with this? Was she able to get rid of her cyber XboxLive stalker? I wanted to know as I will be letting my son get online with Xbox Live in the coming months and wanted to know how to get rid of unwanted people who want to harass others online. I always try to protect my kids when they are online whenever I can, so knowing this in advance will be helpful.

I hope she was able to get rid of the stalker. Sucks that there are people out there with nothing better to do than bother people they don't know and threaten them when they're minding their own business and trying to have fun.

Back