Xbox One Pricing: Xbox One Controller

Adamaris

I think we are only going to need one extra to start with but I do hope the prices end up going down a bit. $59.99 for a single controller is a bit compared to what we have spent in the past. Right now we have four for the old box and will at some point need two more (game nights).

the new xbox 360 wireless controlers are 54.99 the xb1 controlelrs are right on pare with pricing.

its 79.xx for the controler and charger setup..

charger is 24.xx iirc..

the pricing is basically the same thus far.. minus the headset/chatt headgear.

The controller almost costs as much as the Xbox One games, but I'm sure the price will eventually drop like all controllers and consoles. I would probably guess a few months, the price will drop to 55 or 50 and then slowly decrease over time.

It's confirmed that the Xbox One Wireless Controllers will be 60 dollars, and if they're anything like Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers, they'll remain the same price throughout the console's lifespan. Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers are just expensive as they were when things started.

Seems quite expensive really, here in the UK you can get a brand new official xbox 360 pad for £25 which is just about $40, I'm not sure how much the 360 pads costed 8 years ago at launch but they are significantly cheaper than the Xbox One pad is right now. I guess that the real comparison will be when the price of the DualShock 4 will be announced. But still I'm not really impressed right now with the price, it seems unnecessarily high.

Already the PS4 is cheaper by a 100 bucks. Isn't Microsoft just digging a deeper grave here?

Seems quite expensive really, here in the UK you can get a brand new official xbox 360 pad for £25 which is just about $40, I'm not sure how much the 360 pads costed 8 years ago at launch but they are significantly cheaper than the Xbox One pad is right now. I guess that the real comparison will be when the price of the DualShock 4 will be announced. But still I'm not really impressed right now with the price, it seems unnecessarily high.

I wonder what import fees would run me. I have a few friends over that way but I doubt any are going to make a trip over the pond to smuggle me in some controllers. But if they did that would prove they are awesome friends.

the ps4 and xbox one controllers are exactly the same price.

He's referring to the actual PS4 consoles. The console as a whole is 100 dollars cheaper, so the fact that Microsoft is charging the price of a brand new game on top of having a console that's 100 extra dollars. Basically the big thing is that a PS4 console plus a new Dualshock 4 is still cheaper than buying the Xbox One at all.

He's referring to the actual PS4 consoles. The console as a whole is 100 dollars cheaper, so the fact that Microsoft is charging the price of a brand new game on top of having a console that's 100 extra dollars. Basically the big thing is that a PS4 console plus a new Dualshock 4 is still cheaper than buying the Xbox One at all.

i am aware of his gripe.. but were past console price.. nit picking on the controller prices is a mute subject both consoles/manufactures are offering oem controllers at the same price point.

if your gripe is with ps4/xbox one console prices thats fair gripe but to bundle the controler up like they are getting a deal on a ps4 when its the exact same price just gets me. if you get a ps4 the camera and a spare controler your within 50 dollars of a xb1 50 dollars is nothing in todays economy.

i get your leaving the price of the ps4 camera out but guess what it comes with xbox its a built in hardware so for fair comparison you need to bundle it in. you can say well i dont want it great dont get it.

but the point is a 2nd controller is the same price no mater where you go.

but the point is a 2nd controller is the same price no mater where you go.

Not really, I have hunted in the past to find deals until my eyes bled and this would be no difference. I understand that gaming as a hobby is not that cheap but at the same time as a business owner I also realize how easy it is for places to fluff up prices just to hit that magic profit margin. And thinking about it as a first time game owner (if that were ever true) most newbies would be shocked at some of the prices.

on day one their is no deals to be had on either end. later down the road maybe with a discount at gamestop or somewhere but as of day launch if you want a controller your paying for one and its the exact same price.

Game controller pricing has gotten outrageous these past years. I don't mean to sound like an old timer, but I remember back when controllers cost at most $20. Ever since the PS3 and 360 came out, their prices shot up to the same prices of the games we play on our systems. And to make matters worse, controllers seem to break easier than they did in past generations.

Technology in controllers is getting more advanced, and apparently the Xbox One controllers are being built to last 10 years. The Razer Sabretooth and Mad Catz MLG Pro controllers are proof that there is a market for higher quality controllers.

I do hope that price goes down a bit and that they are compatible with PCs. I have no plans to get an X1, but I want an X1 controller for PC games.

i am sure after a year or so u will find xbox one controllers at pawn shops and 3rd part and prices will come down but i cant see the oem price to drop it hasnt on 360 yet so i cant see xb1 doing it.

im not a big fan of the mad katz or cheaper 3rd party controllers but i am sure around launch or within 6 months their will be options.

59.99 for a single controller sounds a bit unreasonable, because surely the labor costs for going into a third party vendor's store couldn't go that high? It never has before. I do not imagine the controller itself to be some novel piece of hardware, so what is the deal? Are they trying to milk out as much unnecessary profit from the system as they can while they can? I understand they operate as a business, but at some point a line must be drawn - high profit margins or not. The funny thing is that they will get away with it, though, regardless of the system you are going for, because the fact is if you are a gamer, you will be getting one of these consoles, and the need will arise for a second controller eventually. It is a necessary evil, and there is not much we can do but wait for the price to drop slightly. I do not see it dropping below $35 if this is the height they are aiming for.

They ought to keep in mind that the recession is still going strong in most parts of North America.

Back