Purchasing An Xbox Live Gold Membership

mandabear

Have you purchased an Xbox Live Gold membership? If so, how much time did you pay for - a month, 3 months, or a year? Did you buy a family membership? I wish we would bought the family membership now, since we have 3 people who all want separate gold accounts and only 1 of them currently has one. It would have been so much cheaper than buying 3 separate accounts!!

I had tried out Gold for a couple of months when I first bought the console. To be frank, I think they should do away with the paid thing, because we have already paid for everything by spending $350+ on the console.

I found this on Microsofts official XBOX LIVE site. Direct link It looks like you can add existing users to a primary account. I would ask them if, this is the case "Will my account be pro-rated for the money I already spent on the separate accounts." I hope this works, it was just an idea I thought of.

-me

I had tried out Gold for a couple of months when I first bought the console. To be frank, I think they should do away with the paid thing, because we have already paid for everything by spending $350+ on the console.

I wish it were free, too! If I'm not mistaken, Playstation's live network is free, but then again, I hear that it isn't anywhere near as good as the Xbox Live network. I guess Xbox justifies charging for access to the network by saying they have to pay people to maintain it, or something like that. At least the membership isn't all that expensive! One year is $60 dollars, which works out to be $5 dollars per month. That's way less than cable or satellite TV, internet, phone, etc.

For all that Xbox Live offers, I have absolutely no problem paying a yearly fee for it. I've used the PS network and, although it is getting better as time goes on, IMO it doesn't compare to Live.

Since we need to upgrade anyway I am thinking about doing it all in one go with the yearly deal. How much exactly are you saving though? I just want to make sure the price is worth it in the end since we will be using it a great deal so I want the bang for my buck.

ive been playing xbox live for a long time. i started all the way back before cod 4 came out. I've bought 3 12 months and its been sooo much easier than the times i bought 1 and 3 months. At one point i did have a family membership with my brothers and it was great and less expensive. you should definitely try it. An theres no doubt that a 12 month subscription is worth all $60, rather than the $120 youd spend on one months or 3 months.

Back