Xbox One Quantum Break Offers Max Payne Shooting & Alan Wake Storytelling

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
Remedy’s Quantum Break is perhaps the weirdest of Xbox One’s exclusives, an eccentric blend of live action TV and time travel, but the fundamentals should be familiar to fans of the developer’s previous work. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz in an E3 interview, CEO Matias Myllyrinne has shed a bit more light.

According to Myllyrinne, the game “builds on two core elements of what makes Remedy what it is”. “We’ve taken a lot of the learnings about interactive storytelling from Alan Wake and we hope to raise the bar further,” he said. “We’ve taken a lot of the learnings about cinematic combat and shooting mechanics from Max Payne to push those further. We’re building on those for what will hopefully be the ultimate Remedy experience.”

— OXM.CO.UK

Click Here To Read More

is this the game where it start of him riding a horse...?? it looked neat and something id play in time... but it wouldnt be a day one.. maybe a xbl download/purchase on sale. it looked like a reboot of red dead redemption.

OH...MY GOSH! This game looks amazing! This should be a launch title! ( I'm not getting a ONE on launch) but, this just looks incredible!

I'd honestly never heard of the game before this thread but, a quick YouTube has revealed the glory of this to me in a way I never expected.

The graphics are beautiful! MS Studios have done an amazing job on this compared to say, Fable.
Apparently, according to the description on the video, what we see in the video is the game running in real-time using the actual game engine and not a video sequence! I am actually blown away because up until now, every other gameplay trailer I've seen for the ONE has either just been a video sequence or the game engine graphics have not stood out from this generations graphics.

This is the vid I watched: Quantum Break -- When Time Stutters and Freezes - YouTube

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this one. The characters look very real, but the scenario's look too unrealistic. Also, the drops of blood were a little too exaggerated.

Max Payne shooting? Hmmm...

Just gimme that game now. I am more excited about it after hearing this news. The shooting mechanics of that game was amazing.

If they offer and ambient and story telling I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed with it. Alan Wake is one of my favorite games.
I hope they release some new videos any time soon.

Back