Xbox One Rainbow Six Siege - 37 Multiplayer Gameplay

booker

I have no experience with this type of games since I'm a single player addict, but I must admit, it looks pretty good.
And I find it rather funny how the players are very tactical and communicate like a true squad. Why? Because it's something that'll rarely happen when you play with random people :p

Rainbow Six is all about team work, and it's amazing that the community hasn't let the fact that they're playing online take away from the core concept. Of course, the kind of people who want to play these games are going to be the people who want to play as part of a team in a tactical shooter, rather than just run and gun.

I don't think that's true at all. Plenty of people that prefer playing tactical games in a lone wolf style will want to play a game like this. Plus, not everyone's going to play with a mic because that's just how it is, and those people aren't going to be able to communicate with their team well-enough. The hardcore tactical shooter fans will create their own clans and choose not to play with anyone else. I would expect to see plenty of people in games that don't want to work with the rest of their squadmates, which ruins the point of the game, but it's going to happen.

Don't ruin this for me Troutski! I don't want my precious game to be inundated with idiots who die instantly because they run in thinking this is CoD or something :(

I'm sorry! :[ It's just going to happen, though! I think a lot of players will realize early on that it's the type of game that rewards team tactics far more than lone wolf tactics, though. If the developer does a good job of tipping the scales in favor of well-oiled teams, then I don't think we'll have to be worried about people ruining the game by going off on their own. If you're on your own squad with people you know, then your chances of winning are going to increase substantially, I would think, against a team of randoms.

I guess, but still. I mean, even if you're in a team of randoms, I want players to understand that you can't just run and gun and expect to do anything worthwhile. There's ways of playing together in a team, even if you don't have mics in this sort of thing. It'll be interesting to see if they implement hand signals and stuff for people who don't actually have mics, which would make it more realistic considering that...well, you're meant to be a tactical response unit, and you wouldn't be speaking into mics during a mission.

Back