Original Xbox ROMs on xbox

punch

Hey all (first post), I am looking to play some ROM files on my soft modded xbox console. However I am having the issue of when I burn them to a dvd, the dashboard wont let me load the dvd so I cannot load any.

I have tried just burning them as a data dvd I have also made an iso file and burned the image of that, but still nothing.

Is there a specific program I need to use to burn the disk? a specific format? or something I am just missing here? I have a collection of ROMs I want to play but I just cannot get any disk to read.

Any help would be awesome :)

Thanks,
Punch

What emulator are you even using?
Are you just throwing ROMs into a disk?
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am simply putting the roms on a disk as I thought the emulation software was what I put onto the system using the splinter cell glitch? is that not the case? do I need to put something else onto the disk as well?

Any help would be great.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am simply putting the roms on a disk as I thought the emulation software was what I put onto the system using the splinter cell glitch? is that not the case? do I need to put something else onto the disk as well?

Any help would be great.

Wait, do you mean ISO or ROM? Because if it is ROM you need a specific emulator depending on what console the ROMs are from originally.

Well what I got was a collection of ROMs but are contained within an ISO file. The ISO is 5.5Gb (obv too large for a dvd) so I can extract certain ROMs that I want and only put them onto a disk. Does there need to be an emulator on the dvd as well for the games to run? I thought this would have been installed on the xbox along with the evox dash, is that not the case?

Just need some advice here.

Well what I got was a collection of ROMs but are contained within an ISO file. The ISO is 5.5Gb (obv too large for a dvd) so I can extract certain ROMs that I want and only put them onto a disk. Does there need to be an emulator on the dvd as well for the games to run? I thought this would have been installed on the xbox along with the evox dash, is that not the case?

Just need some advice here.

Does the ISO only contain ROMs? If so, here is a place where you can get the emulators:
http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/xemus/xbox/xemus.htm

I wasn't aware emulation was possible on the xbox. This is cool.

I have emulators in the ISO as well, but the issue is when I try to put stuff onto a dvd the xbox does not load anything.

Do I need to add something to the root folder of the dvd? or do I need the emulator in the folder per ROM set? so for the SNES roms, do I need the emulator within the SNES folder?

Could you make it clear as to what I need on the dvd for them to run.

Thanks for any help.

I have emulators in the ISO as well, but the issue is when I try to put stuff onto a dvd the xbox does not load anything.

Do I need to add something to the root folder of the dvd? or do I need the emulator in the folder per ROM set? so for the SNES roms, do I need the emulator within the SNES folder?

Could you make it clear as to what I need on the dvd for them to run.

Thanks for any help.

This is what i used to make it run perfectly, and seeing that this is too extensive, i will just PM you the link.

Back