Xbox One RROD part deux? "Rumor" from Comic Con 2013

Esperahol

So I'm looking through my feeds and I come across this article on gamesthirst.com relating issues with the Xbone's presentation at Comic Con 2013. Apparently it went down several times - although why no one is actually saying. Its just technical issues. Now I (unfortunately) wasn't at Comic Con '13 but I have heard a couple complaints about not getting hands on time because of "weird scheduling" or "cooling periods". It may just be that this is to be expected when displaying "beta software on beta hardware", but I do have the feeling that the same issue is coming up. Not the issue of heating control, but the issue of not thinking things through. Over and over and over again the Xbone has been dealing with poor planning whether with PR or policy or um... choosing the leadership involved. That said maybe it isn't as bad as all that or with the occurrences at Comic Con (and according to the report E3) maybe something will be done. With launch quickly approaching we'll see.

Via: Gamesthirst.com
Zergnet.com

So I'm looking through my feeds and I come across this article on gamesthirst.com relating issues with the Xbone's presentation at Comic Con 2013. Apparently it went down several times - although why no one is actually saying. Its just technical issues. Now I (unfortunately) wasn't at Comic Con '13 but I have heard a couple complaints about not getting hands on time because of "weird scheduling" or "cooling periods". It may just be that this is to be expected when displaying "beta software on beta hardware", but I do have the feeling that the same issue is coming up. Not the issue of heating control, but the issue of not thinking things through. Over and over and over again the Xbone has been dealing with poor planning whether with PR or policy or um... choosing the leadership involved. That said maybe it isn't as bad as all that or with the occurrences at Comic Con (and according to the report E3) maybe something will be done. With launch quickly approaching we'll see.

Zergnet.com

They weren't using actual consoles at comic con just PC dev kits. The consoles were empty shells. I doubt after losing 1 billion this gen that they will make the same mistakes.

Looking across that website and it's writing, that will be the last time I click over there. That was a very poorly written and not well thought out article considering as Kn1ghtmare points out they weren't using retail XB1's at ComicCon.

So at E3 Assassin's Creed's Sony PS4 demo crashed and had problems too, as well as a couple other issues. So I guess the PS4 is going to have it's own RROD this generation too.

Not a very good thread here IMO.

You have nothing to worry about, especially with any RROD. You have to put it into consideration that even at Comic Con both PS4 and X1 were still in OS development stages. X1 at that time didn't even add the 853mhz to the GPU processor, including the 1.75ghz to the CPU. The X1 has been designed to be left on for 10 years, and programmed to adjust its own power on its own if it starts to overheat. When I went to the GameStop Convention. The actual X1 was up and running all day and not one issue took place while I was there.

Here is a pic I took of the X1 running all day long with no issues. image.jpg

Zergnet.com

Fake article is fake. I love this line from the article they cribbed from.

http://sknr.net/2013/07/21/xbox-one-crashes-early-and-often-at-comic-con-2013/

A couple of reps told me in confidence that the Xbox One had been having issues with crashing throughout the weekend and that it was decided to shut down the systems until a solution could be determined.

So some reps told you something in confidence, and you reported what they said anyhow???

Anyhow, no one else anywhere reported crashing problem except for this one blogger...

Mods, please lock thread.

It'll probably have issues at launch, and a RROD issue is certainly possible, but both sources here aren't reputable in the slightest. It's just conjecture, at this point.

It'll probably have issues at launch, and a RROD issue is certainly possible, but both sources here aren't reputable in the slightest. It's just conjecture, at this point.

Why probably? I'm pretty confident Microsoft has done lots of R&D on this console, enough to be able to adjust up the GPU and CPU clocks. They are talking about their largest launch ever. What issues are there going to be?

Ha, nothing more than loose, loose propaganda. The things some people will do for website hits...

Back