Rumor: PS4 release date to be announced at Gamescom

Clark Bruce

Sony PS4 Release Date To Be Announced At Gamescom [Rumor] | Ubergizmo

We all know the PS4 is going to be released sometime this holiday season but as of now we still don't have an official date. That may all change at the upcoming Gamescom event that is scheduled for August 21st to the 25th. One thing to also remember is that Sony is supposedly set to reveal even more exclusives that they didn't show at this year's E3. So It's best to be on the lookout when Gamescom starts.

I'm not in a rush for certain. Since I won't be getting the next gen as soon as it comes out, I'm not on the edge of my seat for a release date. But nonetheless I've got my eye on Gamescom, even if this is a rumor.

be intresting to see when they plan a launch.. both system will proably drop close... xb1 is slated for november sometime.. so a october date or nov would be reasonable.. i think both want a little shelf/hype time for the holidays. if the systems are out and games readily avaliable for black friday/cyber monday gamestop/xblive and other retailers/vendors can push new titles/games and keep the ball rolling into the holiday season.

Sounds like Gamescom might be a PS4 show... kinda wish it was a Vita show, since Sony didn't show anything for Vita at E3.

Nothing very impressive,

Sooner or later there will be a time and it will surely be in November or December.
What I hope is that they annocneront new games, because I think it lacks a bit of the side of Sony exclusives.

Have you preordered your console?

Back