Xbox One Rumor: Xbox One To Have A Release Date of November 29 & Launch Before The PS4

PB7

Former Administrator
So according to Toys R US, the Xbox One will have a release date of November 29, 2013 while the PlayStation 4 will be released on December 13, 2013. If their right, that means we will get the Xbox One same week as thanksgiving. Sony will more than likely move up their release date schedule. So in line with what a lot of us had suspected. Can't wait!

While Sony and Microsoft have to date remained relatively tight-lipped on the launch dates of their respective consoles, retail giant Toys R Us has claimed that the Xbox One will land before the PS4. Listing the Xbox One release date as November 29, the retailer has pegged the PS4 release date as December 13, less than two weeks before Christmas.

Although far from official, the claimed dates suggest not only how close to each other the two consoles will launch, but indeed that the more expensive Xbox One will get the jump on its high-profile rival. At present Microsoft has said the Xbox One will land in ‘November’ while Sony has tipped the PS4 arrival as during the ‘2013 holiday season’.

The November 29 Xbox One release date fits with claims that the console will hit the US in line with Black Friday, one of the State’s biggest annual shopping dates.

Via: Trusted Reviews

I still have a hard time believing that they will release on Black Friday. Think about it who still has Xbox One that will sell on that day? Why would they want to release on arguable the biggest shopping day of the year and not make any new sales, To me that does make alot of sense (I have mine pre-ordered and paid for, but was wishing for a Pre-Thanksgiving release so when i don't work on Thanksgiving week I can play uninterrupted for 7 straight days - Selfish I Know)

This doesn't really match up with what we know. I believe the PS4 Europe release date was pegged as November 12th. I don't really see the release staggering that much between Europe and North America. Also, it seems highly unlikely that they'll release that late in the year, with so many Triple A titles releasing for the consoles in late October and early November, it strikes me that they'll probably want to hit at around the same time for people who pre-ordered those games. It would suck to get a copy of Battlefield or Call of Duty, only to have it gather dust for another month before you can play it.

nov 29th is the fullfillment date for toys r us or thats what i read.
it was explained to me that its the date all the consoles they ordered need to be shipped.. dosnt mean its a relase date just means the 10,000(estmated) units need to be in hand or on premise.

Interesting, that would certainly give them the edge on the market. Releasing it before the PS4 and then giving it a huge marketing campaign would drive people to buy it there and then, who knows maybe some people would even cancel their PS4 preorders? But they would have to play their cards right or it could easily turn into a disaster, if they release it earlier and there would be a lot of technical problems then people would very quickly turn away and it would be a loss for them. So really it's totally up to them what becomes of this.

That's really odd to be announced since I've always thought that Sony will put out their PS4 a bit earlier this time. With the Xbox One potentially releasing before the PS4, this will gain them a ton of sales. I'm pretty sure some people have decided to buy the first console that comes out, which will in fact be the Xbox One from this rumor. I wouldn't mind buying it now, since they have made some great decisions the past few weeks.

[Rumor] Xbox One will be released on November 29th

I'm pretty sure this is accurate, but not yet confirmed. Toys R Us' has leaked potential release dates that the Xbox One is going to be released on November 29th, on Black Friday which will most likely be HELL at GameStop, Best Buy, Target, and any of the major online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. Not only is the Xbox One going to have tons of sales, but is also releasing before the PS4 which is rumored to be released on December 13th.

According to the Xbox One preorder page on Toys R Us’ UK website, Microsoft’s new video game console is set to launch on November 29th. The same site states on the PlayStation 4 preorder page that Sony’s next-generation console will be available for sale beginning two weeks later on December 13th. While neither date is confirmed at this point, their presence on a website belonging to one of Microsoft and Sony’s retail partners could be a good sign.

Via BGR

That sounds right. That gives a small run up to the actual holidays. The folks who pre-ordered will get theirs, retail will sell out I'm sure, and then there will be time for a re stock.

Hey guys, this one was already posted a couple days ago.:) I'm going to merge the threads.

I wonder if the release is going to coincide with any good Black Friday sales? I never do Black Friday OR pay full price for a new console, but I might just make an exception ;)

I wonder if the release is going to coincide with any good Black Friday sales? I never do Black Friday OR pay full price for a new console, but I might just make an exception ;)
Won't happen as far as a sales promo. The best one so far was a loophole with toys r us but was only in uk iirc. But I wouldn't expect to see any holiday sales with new console. Maybe ps3/360

Smart for Xbox to make sure they release their console first. With the release around U.S Thanksgiving time, I'm sure this will lead to them taking helm of the momentum PS4 has been heavily garnering by kicking off initial retail sales. I'll be one of the many lining up for the console. I can't wait to own an XB1.

I'm excited for it as our 360 is near death. However I think we might wait for the buzz around it to slow down a bit before we stand inline and have to fight of the crazies.

Wait, wasn't the PS4 also releasing during November or something like that? I think i read that somewhere during this week. Never the less, it's going to be one long end of the year with the next-generation of consoles coming out, let's see who will win the console wars this time.

Well, all that matter for me is that they are nor going to release Xbox One in Asian territories before 2014 which is pretty disappointing to me as a gamer who has already pre-orderd Xbox One. You guys are lucky to get this game before 2014.

I wonder if they change the countries that will get the Xbox One in 2014 because they are trying to move up the release date even further. Especially with the new rumor that the PS4 will release at the end of October.

There is a pretty heavy rumor out there that Sony is launching in late October. I don't think anyone really knows but I expect someone to announce their launch date next week at gamescom. I do believe whoever launches first has the advantage since so many people are split and the launch titles a cross platform for the most part.

Eh, that's alright as long as I can get myself a system before this Christmas. I just basically want to have a nex gen console this holiday season because I'm usually always behind on the trends and I hate that really.

That is rather... irritating to hear. The reason why is that it's been announced that several regions are going to get their launches shoved back into 2014. So what that means is that in order to maybe be competitive against Sony they're willing to screw some regions over. I'm not sure how effective a business strategy that is - the more so when I think of all the people who may or may not have pre-ordered this system. Way to reward brand loyalty. Well - here's hoping this rush doesn't lead to RROD 2013... although I am not enamored of this phrase. I want to make bumper stickers using it.

Back