Xbox One Ryse Son of Rome Online Reviews versus Friends Reviews

xmasxbox1

Seems like online reviews for this game have been pretty poor overall (one site gave it a 4/10, for instance) but all of my friends that already have their One have played Ryse and really liked it. Overall, the only complaint I've heard from friends is that the campaign is too short. Otherwise, it's a great game with killer graphics. What are your thoughts on the game? Have the online reviews been unfair?

I think the reviews are pretty fair. Ryse is a great way to show how good games can look on the Xbox One, like Killzone on the PS4. But it's incredibly repetitive and short, you're fighting the same enemies over and over again. I also felt like I wasn't really accomplishing anything when I played it more like it didn't matter what buttons I pressed. It's kinda fun but I got bored of it.

I have seen some reviews that call Ryse the flagship game for the Xbox One and others that say it is as much
fun as dialing a phone, so they all vary.

I can say I am really impressed with the graphics and gameplay and love the game so far.

I think the reviews are pretty fair and mostly accurate. Granted some of them were a little harsh considering it is a launch game,. Though myself, and my friends still think it was overly repetitive and not very enticing, despite its amazing graphics.

Back