Xbox One Setting up accounts for family members

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
Hooked up today for the christmas present and i have my account on there. How do i set my 8 year old up with an account. It seems that when i tried, it asked for an email. He doesnt have an email, do i really have to make an email account up just for him to play. It seems that he was able to play games under my account and able to talk to the xbox and give it comands, it just seems hard sometimes for connect to recognize him. If i dont add him, can he still turn it on by saying xbox on or does it have to be me? I dont mind him logged in under me, he cant buy anything since its code protected, i just dont know if its worth setting up a seperate log. In just for him....

Thoughts or ideas or am i missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately each account needs to be signed in; however you can always let him play on a guest account instead. You can set parental controls on a guest account as well; we actually have a guide for it here: Guest Restrictions

If i sign him up on a guest account will he need an email to set it up. Also, can anyone in my family walk in and turn it on with the xbox on comand even if i am the only account in the system or does it have to be me?

I did setup a guest account for my daughter but well she's still not used to the console, she's always asking me to login the guest account. My wife and I use the same account so I don't have to worry about logging in and out since the both of them use the console more than I do lately.

Hey, thanks for the tip, I haven't setup any guest account so my wife and I use the same account. Even when my friends come over to play they use the same account. Now I can have them log in on the guest account instead.

Hey, thanks for the tip, I haven't setup any guest account so my wife and I use the same account. Even when my friends come over to play they use the same account. Now I can have them log in on the guest account instead.

Welcome to the club. Did the same thing earlier. :) well mostly for my kid.

If i sign him up on a guest account will he need an email to set it up. Also, can anyone in my family walk in and turn it on with the xbox on comand even if i am the only account in the system or does it have to be me?

No email needed for a guest account, it works same as it did on 360. Anyone can use voice commands regardless of having an account.

Back