Xbox One Should I get Destiny on the 360 or X1?

heavensdevil

I'm thinking about buying this game on the 360 mainly because I've more friends on it. Besides, the 360 version is cheaper. Other than graphical prowess, is there anything else on X1 that the 360 doesn't have?

Xbone no doubt. Why have the new console and not buy it on that? I know you said you have a bunch of buddies on 360 but that's not worth it for me to buy the game on an older console.

well the 360 still has maybe another year before games are stopped being made for it... so I don't think you should just cut it off just yet...

you can always add me i pre ordered lol..

iirc you can only have 2 in a party and 2 have to be randoms... its how its built into the game iirc..

Oh, I didn't know that it only allows two friends to join, that's one huge factor for me since I've enough friends on the X1. I'm fine with playing with the same few people then since it's only two per party. Thanks for information and input.

from what i reamember you can only run 2 party members in the game and by default the game will give you 2 matched random members... this keeps you with friends but also gives you new fresh people... i can say this is how i got 2/3 of my friendlist... boarderlands2... i would run missions with randoms... if your decent most players dont mind as long as your contributing... if your making it a 3 on 4 odds are they will out you. i dont know if this is 100% how it will work or if you can do 3-4 in party mode and game together.... idk why i keep thinking i read it somewhere..

i also read where you can meet up at the "tower" and link up with friends pre mission so your running the mission with people... i didn't see this or try it in game... most of my helping/friendplay on the beta was more in the same place and helping out... some you couldtell were on different missions... and many you could tell were in the story missions(mostly where you had ot get the data from the flyer) you would see eary beta players strggle the fight mechanics.. iwould usually stand around ot make sure they didnt die or clear guys comming at them in a whord but would stillthey them take some damage and fight..

People in your fire team have their names highlighted in green.

Randoms have their names highlighted in blue.

open world Patrol can have multiple fireteams on the map doing public events.
You can have a Fireteam of 6 though for Raids and for PvP.

How it works

Although Destiny is capable of being played solely, the game has been dubbed a "shared world shooter." Bungie's new matchmaking system will seemlessly connect players to other random players throughout the course of the game. Players then have the option to remain with their newly appointed friends or diverge. It also has up to 6 players in one squad at a time

Strikes: They are very similar to Firefight from Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. They feature a series of waves and objectives which culminates in a boss battle at the end. It is entirely cooperative. At the end, you are given a Strike Rank between Bronze, Silver, and Gold.

Raids: Much more difficult than regular missions. You'll have to be strong and well equipt to face them. Little else is known.

Thanks for the clear explanation on this, shark. I played the beta but only for a day before it was over so I never really knew how the game worked. Seems like the matchmaking isn't so bad as long as I get connected to others with good ping.

i wont lie i think they did a "stress test" on the last saturday of the beta.. but i think that will dwarf whats going to happen the 9th when it gets released... will be intresting to see how it really works with matchmaking or the part thing... the fact thegame is solo and multiplayer at the same time is a bit odd.. their are times people can't help you... and others when they can... raid bosses, raids in general, ect ect.. allot is really unknown at this point how it really will work.

i played about 3 days straight and hope my beta stuff transfers over... if not ehh but had allot of the perks unlocked because i grinded...

Bad news because Bungie has said that beta characters will not carry over to the full game. They stated that it's because the full game is totally different from the beta so it's impossible for beta characters to work. No surprise here as all the betas I've been in before, none of them carried over to the final game. Having beta characters is unfair to those that never played the game before.

its not a surprise but i wasn't sure... i had read the beta was actually the first 2 story's and that it might be possible to transfer over progress.. and duringthe beta they asked you to do something with bungie for some stuff in the game when released..

if anyone is looking for or wants a destiny player feel free to ass me im on xb1 allot

Back