Sinister

Murray

From
Midwest US
I watched Sinister last night and have genuinely been impressed by the calibre of horror that's been going on with the Insidious, Sinister and Conjuring all coming out relatively around one another. I think that they are the same people doing them all but I might be wrong. Either way all three of these movies take older horror formulas and celebrate it in new and fun ways.

Sinister is about an investigative writer whose looking into a crime and wants to write a book about it to grasp onto some sort of glory for himself. The wonderful thing about this movie is that it never takes itself so seriously that it loses sight of what its goal is. To mess with you in a fun and unsettling way. Sinister, while unsettling, doesn't do anything the glorifies the gore (think some parts of the original VHS which is different, but wonderful for its own reasons). What you can really say is that the word sinister properly captures what's happening.

I'll write a full review, but here's a preview, that movie is really good.

Sounds great! I will have to check it out. Looking forward to the full review!

OMG!!.......Sinister was messed up and it scared me alot. I am not going to spoil anyhting but man....wow....some of those scenes really messed me up. I suggest seeing it

Back