So, anyone else going to buy the PS4 now?

Chunkaroonie

Cheaper, used games, no always online connection, superior online service...

Sony you brilliant bastards. But even with that said, Microsoft only has themselves to blame. Everybody was in outrage over their policies and they didn't listen to us. I said before that all Sony had to do was counter all of Microsoft's idiotic decisions and they would win our hearts and they did just that and unless Microsoft pulls a miracle out of their ass and completely reverses all of the things we don't want I am going to choose the Playstation over the Xbox for the first time. And even if they did change their policies, the damage is done in my opinion.

What say you? Anybody else jumping ship?

I was going to purchase a PS4 regardless but after the conference I can honestly say that they have me sold on their product. When they just came out and pretty much said they weren't going to be doing a lot of the things that Xbox supporters didn't like, I was like "geez Sony, you don't have to deal the deathblow like that" lol

I don't think its over for Microsoft but they will indeed see a rather large decrease in sales. Regardless if they are making millions or billions or whatever their revenue is.

I was already extremely interested in the PS4 (I own the PS3), but now I think my decision has been made. Obviously this could change in the coming months, but Sony has more of the features that I'm looking for. Obviously the cheaper price doesn't hurt either. It's pretty funny that gamers are celebrating that a company is actually letting us do what we want with the games we buy. Crazy, right? That's how it should be!

I've never owned a Playstation, but now it's looking like that might be more likely if I do get a next-gen console. I'll probably stick to the PC for a while, until something so compelling comes out I can't resist. If I do go for a PS4 though, I will really miss the Xbox's controllers, those are just so perfect in my opinion. I don't like Sony's joystick placements as well.

You know the thing is, I don't travel with my Xbox and really the online check ins wouldn't bother me much. I've barely ever bought used games in my life either. But the principle of the thing, well and the complications, are just such a turn-off, I'm so disappointed this is the way things are going for the Xbox.

I've never owned a Playstation, but now it's looking like that might be more likely if I do get a next-gen console. I'll probably stick to the PC for a while, until something so compelling comes out I can't resist. If I do go for a PS4 though, I will really miss the Xbox's controllers, those are just so perfect in my opinion. I don't like Sony's joystick placements as well.

You know the thing is, I don't travel with my Xbox and really the online check ins wouldn't bother me much. I've barely ever bought used games in my life either. But the principle of the thing, well and the complications, are just such a turn-off, I'm so disappointed this is the way things are going for the Xbox.

That's exactly how I feel. The online checks and the used game sales wouldn't have much of an impact on my life. Personally, I've never bought a used game and mine is always connected to the Internet. My connection isn't the best, but I don't think it's dropped for more than an hour over the last 4-5 years. That being said, I know there are people out there this would affect and that seriously bothers me. It's just so unnecessary in principle that I feel a bit dirty supporting it.

That's exactly how I feel. The online checks and the used game sales wouldn't have much of an impact on my life. Personally, I've never bought a used game and mine is always connected to the Internet. My connection isn't the best, but I don't think it's dropped for more than an hour over the last 4-5 years. That being said, I know there are people out there this would affect and that seriously bothers me. It's just so unnecessary in principle that I feel a bit dirty supporting it.

Agreed all around. And for now, I'm definitely getting a PS4. I still like Microsoft exclusives and I want to play them, but I'm not supporting such a crappy business model at this time. Not until they do some major restructuring.

PS4 is certainly for the win. I'm sure Microsoft are kicking themselves. They've just been too greedy with the can't play used games business. It's just hassle that no gamer wants. It's about the customers dear Microsoft! the always online thing is ridiculous too, they clearly haven't thought this out very well. Sony all the way.

I am completely sold on the PS4, I will surely be buying it! The PS4 seemed as if it completely destroyed the Xbox One by a long shot!
It seems as though many are going to be hitting themselves due to the fact that the pre orders for the Xbox One are at a high on the website 'Amazon'

-Paul

I feeling the PS4 right now, but like Microsoft said a little while ago, late 2013 is still a long time away. Sony really did have a great E3 and played their cards just right, playing on all of Microsoft's faults. So far Microsoft hasn't come back with anything and I'm starting to think they won't. They are taking the silent route at this point and let what happened at E3 diffuse.

I'm still very much considering the PS4, but I'm not ruling out the One just yet. I have also been burned by Microsoft, but I'd be lying if I said the One has no appeal to me. I'm thinking I may actually get both, but for my first purchase, I'm leaning more toward the PS4.

I'm most likely going to get a PS4 if I decide to buy either one of the two. No online passes, which is pretty great, and better graphics than the Xbox One from what I've heard. I also like the PS4 controller significantly more than the Xbox One since there's a blue LED light (yes, I like shiny things).

I will definitely be buying a PS4. I actually am thinking about making the PS4 my main console. I haven't really been all that impressed with Microsoft since they reviled the Xbox One. Also the fact that the PS4 will have some form of backwards compatibility is a great incentive for me. Then of course one of the main reason I will purchase a PS4 is because of it's sweet price.. $399 is a pretty great deal for how powerful the console is.

Back