Xbox 360 So I just finished Borderlands..

deathbyprayer

Okay first of all, I may sound like I hate the game but trust me I love it and I may get a lot of hate for this.

So I just finished the single player campaign and I gotta be honest with you, I don't get why the game is highly acclaimed maybe there are no other good games that came out that year?

I'm not saying that the game is bad, it's really good and the multiplayer experience is awesome I just don't find the game that special.

I think it is when it first came out but still, maybe it's the story because to be honest it seems like the story on the single player campaign was just slammed in there last minute.

You are still mot getting the point of this game. This game is not meant to be taken seriously. It's not like Fallout where you are going to enjoy the lore and everything else. No, it's meant to be played with friends.

Yeah I know that when I first got the game I ditched the single player altogether that's why I just now finished the single player campaign. I don't know man, I just feel like it's not a wholesome experience.

I quite liked the game, then again I only played together with my roommates or online. I was a big Diablo 2 fan back in the day so as you can imagine I found the loot system in Borderlands to be awesome. The not so serious tone of the game helped it differentiate itself from general shooters, but in the end, the loot was what sold the game for me, I like loot :eek:

That's because you jumped into the game with the wrong perception. The attraction of the game is the loot grinding. Like Diablo, this game is catered to people that like to grind for better gear in hope of getting the best. Games like this are never meant to be played for its story.

Yeah it's a shoot and loot game, I really love the game I thought it was great. I just thought well, if they're putting a single player campaign on there why not at least make a good story right? Only makes sense. But I bought Borderlands 2 already and I have to say, I'm really satisfied. I think Gearbox did noticed it

I quite liked the game, then again I only played together with my roommates or online. I was a big Diablo 2 fan back in the day so as you can imagine I found the loot system in Borderlands to be awesome. The not so serious tone of the game helped it differentiate itself from general shooters, but in the end, the loot was what sold the game for me, I like loot :eek:

I didn't say I didn't like the game, I loved it and I understand the mechanic, shoot and loot. Couldn't get any better than that, I just got disappointed with the single player campaign and the story, I mean I saw a great potential for a comic book kind of style of story but it falls really short on that.

I agree with you deathbyprayer. Even if it's a comedy or "jokey" game there was so much potential in the ogirnal that was squandered. Even in Borderlands 2 the sequel didn't fix most of the flaws from the original. I also think that the atmosphere and whole feel of the game should allow for a much richer experience than the shooting gallery feel it had. Yes, the main point of the game is upgrading your weapons and finding more rare but even that grindfest can't stand on its own.

Finally a kindred spirit! The game is really good but yeah as you mentioned, it wears off too easy and there's a whole lot they could've explored.

Okay first of all, I may sound like I hate the game but trust me I love it and I may get a lot of hate for this.

So I just finished the single player campaign and I gotta be honest with you, I don't get why the game is highly acclaimed maybe there are no other good games that came out that year?

I'm not saying that the game is bad, it's really good and the multiplayer experience is awesome I just don't find the game that special.

I think it is when it first came out but still, maybe it's the story because to be honest it seems like the story on the single player campaign was just slammed in there last minute.
Felt the exact same way. people always told me that it was such an awesome game so I played it because of all the good reviews i've been hearing and when I ended up finishing it I could not see at all what was so great about it. It was good but not THAT good!

I know man, I've always thought about it. It's not really over-hyped nor overrated it's just well, it feels lacking somehow. It's like something was out of balanced, the shooting and looting was perfect and the leveling up and upgrade was superb it just feels somehow lacking of purpose. I'm going too deep with this game. I can't wait to finish Borderlands 2 and then the next game.

I think it was made more in the sense of an action-rpg than a FPS game so the design suffers..

Yeah it's a shoot and loot game, I really love the game I thought it was great. I just thought well, if they're putting a single player campaign on there why not at least make a good story right? Only makes sense. But I bought Borderlands 2 already and I have to say, I'm really satisfied. I think Gearbox did noticed it

That's the downside to this genre. It seems that the story always suffers when the gameplay is fun. I also would've preferred the best of both worlds, fun gameplay and a great story.

I think it was made more in the sense of an action-rpg than a FPS game so the design suffers..

No, it doesn't suffer in anyway. If you have played it, you already know what I am talking about. It actually benefits from being a hybrid.

Except I have? I played quite a bit. I like the game, but it definitely has more RPG designs in some places that need more FPS design.

That's the downside to this genre. It seems that the story always suffers when the gameplay is fun. I also would've preferred the best of both worlds, fun gameplay and a great story.

Yeah that seems to be the issue all the time. When I first fired up the game and saw the intro I got really excited because it looks promising enough, the dialog and voice acting are cool but after a few missions I realized that it's one of those games. I mean hell, even Skyrim has a good enough story but then again it's not focused on multiplayer.

Back