Xbox One speed, graphics & matchmaking

Adamaris

I hate drivers for anything so to see the Xbox is stepping up for both graphics and speed is a major plus to me. I am not too sure about the 'asynchronous matchmaking' system but I am hoping that is easy to deal with too. Though I kind of wish they called it something else, matchmaking seems like gamers are out there trying to find love. I like long quiet walks while I patrol the area looking for snipers in game. :rolleyes:

the way they it was told at a conference it will help link you with gamers who have things in common with you.. if your 35 with a family and kids and frequently pause the game to attend to things it will match you with like minded and like life style people.. if your the hard core gamer who plays 10 hrs straight with non stop gaming its going to look at that as well.
where i get worried is people like me.. im not a great gamer and i dont mind a family person game where we stop for 5 minutes in the middle of something. but their is times i get on boarderlands2 and just do random lobby games on maps i like or if i see people who are trying to level up allot of times ill just run the game with them. what i hate is someone or a group who plays but isnt in the game.. they are trading goods or duping stuff and sharing money ect ect.

the whole driviatar also gets me. their are times i get down to work on setting a car up other times i take a pre loaded car out just to have fun. i dont always take the same lines and with the building of your offline character it trys to duplicate your play style. i am very mood based how i play a driving game. their are times if i am ahead i will do slow entery so i can set up for a corner others il rush in hard and push the corner so many unknows.. id really like to see a demo or press release from foza showing how it works.

Yeah I agree that it's great that Microsoft are now doing their best to make the Xbox One the best possible console it can be, especially after what happened at E3. Not only have they reversed their policies on DRM and indie games, they are now making sure the online network for the console works great and is better that it was before. Plus, it's great to hear that they improved the GPU clock speed as well.

I think that Microsoft is really upping their game here .They got some terrible publicity at E3 and they are trying to set themselves straight. But I wouldn't cheer for them just yet, at the moment they are just promises, I will wait till the Xbox One actually comes out and we will see how reliable this stuff is. When the 360 came out it had great hardware but it had so many technical problems that the specs of the console really didn't make up for it.

Matchmaking is the generic term for all games where you pair up with specific users and play with them. Anyways, I feel the matchmaking system will be awesome. Having matchmaking running in the background without you even knowing is a pretty neat feature. If you decide you want to play multiplayer for that specific game, chances are, the match will already be found with users similar to you. How they act, how they play are two key factors to the new matchmaking system.

As for speed, they recently upped their hardware by 53 MHz I believe. That's a pretty nice upgrade, but for overheating issues, not so great. They confirmed that the Xbox One will pretty much run 10 years without any problems, so I don't think having a decent overclock on their GPU will do much harm. It does increase the chances of overheating and RROD problems, but just by a little percentage. Graphics-wise, I haven't heard much information from that. All I know is that they're saying it's somehow better than the PS4 since it gives a sense of realism when playing Watch Dogs. The two consoles will probably be very similar in terms of graphics though, so I'm not worried about that.

I know it did not work well with Blizzard when they attempted just cross server groups for WOW. It sounds like Microsoft might have put more work into this and I do hope it works out. Shark, that was a great breakdown and for the record I am a little of both (it depends if we have a sitter or not). ;)

My two cents here, but i think that this whole "selling a concept" isn't that good for them, because it will backfire to them eventually. You can't just say that this whole cloud thing will make a game better if the core game is bad. What i think they need to do is to focus on the game itself and then when people are happy with it, show that feature aside. "Hey, we have this thing that helps the game" and not building the game around it.

Back